Adele

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rest in peace adele xx. Sending love and prayers to the family xx

Hey Dorklet, I'm not gonna get all mawkish cos you would hate that ... but I do at least want to send my condolences to your family at such a difficult time for them xxx

Now onto you!!! Where do i start? You totally trounced me in Sprout Wars ... you still haven't managed to convince me they're mini cabbages and they are still evil aliens in my view! Then of course there were the cyber parties ... how many times DID I fall in that ruddy carp lake of yours!!! Your banter with Carl (Nailzoo)! Your pantomines at Chris...., nope I daren't even say the "C" word for fear of a lightning bolt getting me; and our wonderful pm's saying exactly what we thought about certain subjects, boy did we tell it like it was in private, loved it!

But most of all who am I gonna have as chief bridesmaid now? Honestly the lengths you'll go to to get out of wearing that lilac satin, diamante encrusted, feather clad number!!!! (I know at least you would love the humour in that statement and this message is for you after all!)

Anyway my dorklet sister, I look forward to catching up with you in the future to whatever place we go to and having a blast ... mine's a gin and orange ta!! Love you loads you mad woman with a heart of total gold, would love to say rest in peace but don't think that's likely if I know you :Grope:, just rest pain free now :hug: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Chink Chink! To you Adele.
My deepest condolences to Adeles family & friends at this sad time.xx

Words fail me right now after finding this thread, so I won't say much... but 5 pages of comments in 24 hours from peeps who loved you, says it all really.

Have had you on my mind so much in the past week especially.

:hug::hug::hug:

Adele.....what a gal! Adorable and unique. Sweet dreams. xxx:hug:

For all I thought of Adele, I never had the pleasure to meet this wonderful woman ...... I will regret this perhaps forever.

It is now too late for me to give a hug to a wonderful person I met through this fabulous site.

Adele and I often had international phone-calls that lasted hours and hours .........almost longer than the bottles of booze we were consuming on either end of our telephone lines while solving all the worlds issues (nail, spiritual and political).

Adele and I kinda dove into a relationship that neither of us were prepared for (we discovered we were kindred spirits) ...... and I'm not talking vodka (although we had that in common also).

During our discussions, I would throw her on to the phone to my best friend while I had a toilet break and her husband Paul joined in the hilarity also.

She taught me a phrase I had never heard before .... LAUGH LIKE A DRAIN.
This tickled me to no end ...... if anyone could laugh like a drain it was Adele.

If I could ever sum someone up in one word, Adele was "GENEROUS"....

she was generous in spirit (not just vodka)
generous of heart
generous in thought
generous in time
generous in sharing
generous in understanding

Many may not know, Adele offered to finance my trip to "the event", although I appreciated and was flabbergasted by this offer...., it was not financial, it was "time" relevant (so difficult for me to get out of the salon). She wanted to meet me so much, as well as meeting all of you too ....

Adele took me for what I was, saw through my inner bitch and embraced me for what I am from afar, never judging, just there with an open ear when things often tumbled in on top of me.

We shared so much in our odd time of the day calls to each other.

Adele would not want us to grieve .... I'm gonna wait a while to "talk" to Adele, so many people will be wanting to "talk" to her now, I wanna let her hear me loud and clear when things have quietened down .... that's gonna be my way of dealing with things .... anything else, less or more breaks my heart.

I can now only dream of having that drink with Geeg and Adele with a view in Spain.

For now, perhaps I/we should just enjoy the memories and this is one of my favourites ........... click on the link below and enjoy, embrace and celebrate the wonderful ...... "LADY ADELE".

http://www.nailzoo.com/adele/adele_media/adele.wmv

Last edited:
How lovely to read,such a shame it's under such awful circumstances you are here with us.

It's so sad many never got to meet her,but Karl you can rest assured knowing she absolutely adored you :hug:

Just reading these amazing stories of how Adel touched so many lives is a testament to what truly wonderfull lady she was,and i hope her family can find some comfort in this.

Miss you ma

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

So many wonderful memories. What a fantastic life lived well. RIP Adele.

:) Adele we never met but we had laughs here on salon geek, as with lots of other geeks, you will be sadly missed, but will have left happy memories behind :hug:

Hi everyone

This is Alex, Adele's most beautiful and favourite neice!! she would definately agree!! :)
The things you have all written are wonderful and so true to deley. Those words mean alot to me, and they will to all my family as well.
i just wanted to say thank you, you all changed her life so much!! I am pretty sure she spoke about 1 of you, if not more, at least once a day!! weither we wanted to hear or not hehe. I have to say gigi and her family did such amazing things for her, all of us. And she adored you!! only had wonderful things to say about you all, which says alot from dele :) the same for the many friends she made on her. You were all so kind to keep in contact with her thankyou.

This site changed her life. The friends she made, meant the world to her. she would want you all to know. Thank you for everything.
All my love
alex
xxxxxxxx

Like many of you i never met Adele but did enjoy reading many of her posts.

My thoughts are with her family at this time :hug:

Sleep tight Adele xxx

Well for such a sad thread I have smiled a little smile many times reading through it.. and shed a tear by the time I read Carls post!
Omg who did Adele Not reach out to at some point,.... what an amazing woman.
So straight forward.....not one ounce of bulls**t about her, but yet SO massively helpful all of the time.

My main memories that stick out when I think of Adele are ...The geekie Christmas panto... LOVED IT.
Also our banter when we were both up for geek of the year (Event 1) and I swore that when she won it, I was going to pull her pants down as she walked up to collect it, so she better be prepared and wear a tight belt !
I think she may have made some threats of violence towards me :eek: lol

And I searched and searched the day before the event trying to find one of those HUUUGGEEEEE Christmas cards, remember that Jen ??
as I thought it would be funny to sneakishly get everyone to sign it and present it to her during the awards, But I couldn't find one :irked:
My god, she would have killed me ! lol

Adele You will be so greatly missed... but as said your memory will live on forever here on the geek site, and your words will inspire and make many people smile for a long long time....

Lots of love to your family during this hard time...

MASSIVE hugs
Emms :hug:

And I searched and searched the day before the event trying to find one of those HUUUGGEEEEE Christmas cards, remember that Jen ?? OMG do I ever and the panic that ensued when we couldnt find one in time lol.
as I thought it would be funny to sneakishly get everyone to sign it and present it to her during the awards, But I couldn't find one :irked:
My god, she would have killed me ! lol

Adele You will be so greatly missed... but as said your memory will live on forever here on the geek site, and your words will inspire and make many people smile for a long long time....

Lots of love to your family during this hard time...

MASSIVE hugs
Emms :hug:

Im so glad that we all have happy memories of our lady 'Dele, she was a massive inspiration to a lot of us here on geek.
Her legacy will live on immortal in all the posts she made and the memories those of us have of her.
XXXXXXX

It's a sad sad time

God bless adele x

I've just come back from my holiday and thanks to Zingara I already knew before I found this thread..... Even though I knew it could happen soon, I'm still shocked and saddened.

Adele wass so generous, the first time I went to stay with her we kind of arranged it on a whim and I turned up with a bottle of wine and some flowers not quite knowing what to expect! We sat and talked, and talked, and talked...... She did my nails, and we talked..... We drank wine and talked!!! I was the lightweight who needed to go to bed at 3am, and I was a little delicate in the morning!!

The second time I went for the day and took my daughter. Adele and Paul were kind, generous to Kara and I and it was a shame we had to leave after a few hours..... I also left with a load of L+P bits that Adele insisted she didn't need.....

Adele was a friend and I miss her. I've missed her from the site and I shall miss her in real life too. She hated soppy, but she touched my heart and her impact on my life will remain forever. My thoughts are with Paul and Alison.

RIP my geeky friend.

I am only a new geek so I hope you don't all mind me joining the post to say RIP and my thoughts are with all the family and friends alike.. Adele sounded like a huge part of the site and loved by so many on here. God Bless. xxxx

Dear Nail Geeks,

I hope you all don't mind my crashing this site, but I don't know how else to reach out to the many of you who befriended Adele through Salon Geek.

I don't know how to thank you all for the kind words that you have written here; it goes without saying that Adele was unique and will be sorely missed by all of us. But anyway, many thanks.

Should any of you wish to donate to Adele's chosen charity, St Catherine's Hospice - who gave us both so much help and support during her final months - please go to www.justgiving.co.uk/adelekeegan.

Paul Keegan

a very special lady Paul with very special family xxx

much love to you all xxxx:hug:

Latest posts

Back