Adhesives

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deni

Dinky Geek
Reaction score
Hi...
I have been using the gelbond adhesive and although i find it very good i would like to master using speedbond.
Can someone tell me if you use it the same way i.e. put it on both nail and tip, or just on the nail or just on the tip?
Also what are the pros and cons of speedbond?
Many thanks.
Denise. x

denisejacqueline said:
Hi...
I have been using the gelbond adhesive and although i find it very good i would like to master using speedbond.
Can someone tell me if you use it the same way i.e. put it on both nail and tip, or just on the nail or just on the tip?
Also what are the pros and cons of speedbond?
Many thanks.
Denise. x
Hi Denise.. I have used Gelbond for many years and I wouldn't use anything else. ( If it ain't broke, don't fix it :) ) Speedbond is a liquid adhesive which means it is more runny that the gelbond. It is excellent if you are a speedtech and watching the time as it is pressure set in five seconds whereas the Gelbond is pressure set in ten.
Try both and decide for yourself.

To add a little bit more info to the reply from Laura ...

As with anything else it is 'horses for courses' and all 3 Creative Adhesives have been formulated to perform specific functions although you may find a favorite and stick to it only - personally I use all 3 for diffrent reasons.

If I am blending tips, I tend to use Solar Seale or GelBond.
GelBond (thick viscosity adhesive) I use mainly for nail biters and for filling in gaps where otherwise one might get a bubble or bubbles under the tip.
SolarSeale (medium viscosity adhesive)on a more regular nail shape with an even surface and a more speedy drying time.
SpeedBond I use when I am not blending the tip and have applied the tip with the well cut out, as in the French Tip or any other that you wish to apply this way. Very fast set.
With all Creative adhesives (and any others for that matter), you will acheive the best most complete bonding by applying the adhesive to both surfaces.

It is not wrong to use GelBond for all types of nails, but I just like using the right tools for the specific job. I find it quicker.

Hi...
Thanks to both of you for your help.
I think i will have to have a 'play' with both of them to try them out.
I had just noticed that when i was applying white tips and not blending much on to nails that i call easy, there seems to be more adhesive than i actually need.
But i agree that for nail biters or nails with ridges gelbond is fantastic.
And also i am a curious creature and want to know EVERYTHING there is to know about nails and creative products. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back