Advanced Beauty Group

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nrmh02

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I recently trained with ABG for PMU! having returned home withs stomach churning after discovering a few different things and listening to some of the stuff that was said on this course i began to worry and decided to research this company. Hindsight is a wonderful thing eh!

First off, the female taking the course kept going on about CCTV with audio in the room which was activated. Now first off, i wasn't asked permission for them to be recording me nor were any of the models asked so theres confidentiality issues there right away!

Second off, the female taking the course kept going on about the fact its not important or necessary to hold a teaching certificate if teaching so long as there is someone in the building who as a teaching certificate! Am now wondering weather in fact she actually has a cert for teaching! How could it be possible to teach permanent make up without a training qualification which could potentially destroy someones life if its done wrong?!

Third off, the female training us never even left her seat to check what we were actually doing to the models! i kept saying "can you come have a look as its not taking in any ink". Her reply, 'yeah its fine it will come', without actually leaving her seat to even check!!

On the first day of practical i asked the female trainer if there were any hairnets. her reply, oh we haven't got our delivery so theres none. Wait a min, thats a health and safety issue! they knew we were coming to do this training and should have been prepared! She could obviously tell by the state of my face that i wasn't best amused by this and toddled on off and returned with her 'secret stash' and surprised that no one had found it before now.

I also also asked about cling film for protecting the bed, again another health and safety issue! i was told that they didn't use it as they just cleaned the beds afterwards. Now i watched her cleaning the bed after me and trust me, i wouldn't have been laying on it after she cleaned it because she barely gave it a wipe never mind properly cleaning it.

I over heard the other delegate asking about where she should dispose of a blade she had just used. The reply she got was, 'no we don't dispose of them, ill just clean it. Eh no mate!, get it in the sharps bin now! its just had contact with human skin! and after all its a disposable blade!. Am totally disgusted by this point.

i have screen shoots on my phone of the conversations i have had with one of them RE CCTV! and that she would be checking the CCTV to listen to what was actually said! GOOD, you go and do that and you'll see your colleague sitting on her farter not paying any really attention to what the delegates were doing on really models! You'll see and hear the pathetic, can't be bothered attitude to make sure we are doing everything correctly!

I have since read on this forum that they have been teaching illegal techniques which have only been discovered when other delegates who attended ABG went to study elsewhere.

We were at no point told to pre mark areas prior to starting, we were to just go straight to the area with a needle and start! What the hell?!
The female trainer also stated that she doesn't even map out eyebrows anymore, she just goes straight in with a needle and starts all because she's been doing it since 2005/6.

The list is endless that i could write on here!

website DOWN!
Facebook page non existent now!

I am keen to take this further on a number of grounds to get my money back!
poor and inadequate training - which can be viewed on their so called CCTV and audio recordings that they seemingly have lol thats my evidence to show poor training!
They didn't gain my permission to record me on CCTV nor any of the models - (confidentiality issues) the fact that the female trainer may not have a certificate to teach from the way she was going on about it not being necessary?

Again, isn't hindsight a wonderful thing!

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

Latest posts

Back