Advanced extension training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColourBoy

Reaction score
Hey!

Been doing extensions for about 9 months now, and getting pretty busy with them! Qualified in micros, nanos and la weave- and although generally I'm confident I still get occasional problems and just feel like I'm so much less educated then other people! I can colour match ok, but I'm not creative with it! I wouldn't have a clue where to start on blending and placement etc when using two different colour wefts. At the moment, if someone doesn't match up to one specific colour or mix colour that any supplier offers, I have to say I can't do it in la weave method. Also, I find I'm okay with blending but when I look at some of these popular people on Instagram I'm way off! So it's all a bit long winded considering I'm just asking if there's such a thing as advanced training but would also love to hear other people's tips and advice on everything from fitting to colour matching and blending! I've attached some photos of my current work so you can have an idea X

160 18" Transform Micro Rings
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1463343347.104789.jpg

160 20" Transform Nano Rings
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1463343387.823193.jpg

Actual fitting of the above nanos
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1463343432.180176.jpg

120 20" Angel Remy Micro Rings
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1463343903.621674.jpg

18" 120g Prestige LA Weave
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1463344017.370579.jpg

16" 105 Prestige LA Weave
Thank you x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1463343632.485885.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1463343632.485885.jpg
    624.2 KB · Views: 57
Seems like the post didn't post right, black extensions are the Angel Remy 20inch, the ombré #2 going into #4 is the 120g prestige la weave, and the blonde balayage at the bottom is 105g prestige weft

Your work is mint :cool: already, I know what you mean tho about wanting to learn more, maybe you could try contacting someone who's work you admire & see if they can offer you some direction for further training or even some tips?

Thank you! Half the time as I say I'm pretty happy, if someone's got fine/medium dark hair and wants micro rings, I'm sorted and feel completely fine! It's just more advanced colour matching and blending. I struggle fitting double drawn as I find it hard to get the base length to look good unless I cut the extensions up to the highest step if that makes sense? Haha. Still get the odd client that seems to lose a fair few micro rings and la weaves that start coming loose at the sides, just frustrating! Tried messaging a few people already, but never get a reply! I admire some people's work but not their ethics [emoji23]

On double drawn hair I usually hold the end of the hair & do like a scraping slide cutting technique up the hair shaft rather than down to remove what's not wanted & to blend it better, does that make sense? It gives a more natural look to the very end of the hair rather than that yucky blocky look on each piece of hair, I can't really comment for micro rings coming out lol that's why I don't offer them & im yet to train in wefts, I made a right pigs ear out of my 1'st attempt haha

I would love
Hey!

Been doing extensions for about 9 months now, and getting pretty busy with them! Qualified in micros, nanos and la weave- and although generally I'm confident I still get occasional problems and just feel like I'm so much less educated then other people! I can colour match ok, but I'm not creative with it! I wouldn't have a clue where to start on blending and placement etc when using two different colour wefts. At the moment, if someone doesn't match up to one specific colour or mix colour that any supplier offers, I have to say I can't do it in la weave method. Also, I find I'm okay with blending but when I look at some of these popular people on Instagram I'm way off! So it's all a bit long winded considering I'm just asking if there's such a thing as advanced training but would also love to hear other people's tips and advice on everything from fitting to colour matching and blending! I've attached some photos of my current work so you can have an idea X

160 18" Transform Micro Rings
View attachment 197225
160 20" Transform Nano Rings
View attachment 197226
Actual fitting of the above nanos
View attachment 197227
120 20" Angel Remy Micro Rings
View attachment 197230
18" 120g Prestige LA Weave
View attachment 197231
16" 105 Prestige LA Weave
Thank you x

your weaves look amazing, I still struggle getting the hair to not look so blocky at the ends. Do you have any tips? This was before blending and after blending a half head x
Capture3.JPG

I think your work look great! Who did you do tour training with? Im looking for a course atm.

I’m also looking for a more advanced course so please let me know if you find one. The one day courses don’t cover enough for me

I think your work look great! Who did you do tour training with? Im looking for a course atm.
Hi

Did you manage to find a course as I’m looking to do hair extensions too and can’t find anyone really good , a lot of companies look like there just after your money these days

Latest posts

Back