Advanced Manicure and Pedicure courses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yogacat

Reaction score
Is there such a thing as advanced manicure and pedicure training? I don't think i want to go as far as doing chiropody/podiatory training, but i'd like something in between if possible.
Any ideas?
I've done Jessica manicure training, so i imagine that most product-based training is likely to be somewhat similar.
I'd like to really develop my treatments to be more in depth and look at helping problems like fungal nail infections.

yogacat said:
Is there such a thing as advanced manicure and pedicure training? I don't think i want to go as far as doing chiropody/podiatory training, but i'd like something in between if possible.
Any ideas?
I've done Jessica manicure training, so i imagine that most product-based training is likely to be somewhat similar.
I'd like to really develop my treatments to be more in depth and look at helping problems like fungal nail infections.

I think you would actually have to go as far as chiropody training if you wanted to actually treat infections. I believe Scholl do good training for chiropdy. Sixtus might be another option.

Thanks Geeg.
I've never heard of Sixtus..who are they?
Do you know if all the Chiropody courses are 3 years long - or are there any short versions, like a year?
What about for hands?

West Midlands School of Chiropody offer shorter courses, can be completed in under one year

Lynda

yogacat said:
Thanks Geeg.
I've never heard of Sixtus..who are they?
Do you know if all the Chiropody courses are 3 years long - or are there any short versions, like a year?
What about for hands?

I think that Scholl offers courses that are short.
Sixtus is a German Make of very Good chiropody products. They are a bit too 'clinical' in my opinion to use as a pedicure line in the salon. They 'look' medicinal in nature and are not marketed in a 'pretty' way so they are difficult to retail. BUT they are very good products.
I can't for the life of me remember who supplies these in Britain, but the internet may be helpful in finding out.

geeg said:
...... BUT they are very good products.
I can't for the life of me remember who supplies these in Britain, but the internet may be helpful in finding out.

I think this is one of Jica's products - 020 8979 7261

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back