Advertising boards/banners

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautyandme

Reaction score
Hi, Just wanted to pick some brains.

I've had my advertising board stolen. You know the kind that has water in the base and you can change up the posters. Well the thing is I don't want to buy another one and it happen again.

And because its outside a private residence, I cant just put a sign up on the property because the local council wont let me. Anything that I advertise on, must be Portable (as the council wont allow a fixed board)

I am thinking of having a flag pole erected and advertising on a flag, (which I can take down)

But does anyone else have any ideas ? "thanyou"

Also I need to be able to put it at a certain angle so passing traffic can see it. If I just keep it on my drive, then its not so much in eye range (if that makes sense)

A tricky one, I hope someone has an idea :)

Can't believe someone has stole your A Board! Was it left out overnight? this probably be why, there expensive so people try to steal them.

Flags are good (we sell them) but not necessarily cheap. Probably work our similar if not more than a new A Board.

Most my clients try and padlock it to something while its out and what not. What about putting a banner up? Banners are classed as temporary signage so can get away with it with the council. Just a thought.

Thanks for the response.

No, (silly me "you live and learn") it wasn't padlocked but its never gone missing before.

Interesting to hear that banners would be approved by the council.

As I said before I cant have anything up, which might be considered a permanent fixture. I have to be able to take it down/move it.

What kind of banner would you suggest and its fittings ?

I wouldn't promise it's approved by the council but it is classed as temporary signage. I know you could put it up and if approached then say it's temporary signage but is your choice.

I would suggest hemmed and eyeletted which is standard then screwed up.

I personally think the best option though would be to maybe look at another Aboard and keep an eye on it and padlock it. There are other options (like you say the flag option) however this would be similar price. I am trying to rack my brain for an option for you.

You got a front garden? Could erect a To Let style board and spike?

Thankyou, "food for thought"

Hi, I've had a nightmare with the council over various reasons, and a bit of a pro now!! Forget banners unless you take them down at night. We now have flags which we take down at night and catches a lot of attention!! By far your best bet!! :D

Hope this helps? Naomi xx

Our borough town council need paid for planning permission for flagpoles (and them wibbly wobbly balloon men on carlots), yet in our village the parish council have fitted all main street shops with flagpoles (and prominent houses on the traffic route can have them if they pay) and supply christmas trees and flags all year round, but you cant individually advertise with them or have them on back roads at all as we have a village 'identity'.

What im getting at is each council is different, it maybe worth speaking to your council who may surprise you or may cut any ideas before you spend money on them.

Edit. Personally id consider fixing a ring at the top of your drive and chaining an A or spinny board sign to it

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back