Advertising for experienced hair stylists & nail technicians

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColourBoy

Reaction score
Where would you all recommend advertising for staff?? I've done indeed & gumtree but doesn't seem to be getting loads of interest!

Where would you all recommend advertising for staff?? I've done indeed & gumtree but doesn't seem to be getting loads of interest!
I am a salon owner in a rural area and attracting experienced staff has proven to be a nightmare! I find that the best hits come off facebook i.e. I post some photos of our salon, upload the description in the comments, post and boost it as you can hit well over 7,000 people with just a £20 budget. All the old fashioned post office notice boards etc are good too (especially near where the job is going to be based) and the tree of job sites on facebook are good if there are any covering your area, also some of the selling sites allow you to advertise too. I have put paid adverts in publications but received absolutely no hits whatsoever, so I would say not to waste your money as these can be costly! Also avoid recruitment agencies as the bank of supposedly appropriate CVs they have on file are old and most of the potential candidates are in role and not interested! I have had a few hits from the suppliers who have been kind enough to post my paper advertisement. DW's where I live do it if you ask them to pin it on the door etc and the Stylists do look at them when they are in the suppliers. Word of mouth is still good...ask in shops etc and round about where you live to enquire as to whether anyone knows of anyone. I actually got my Senior Stylist this way and she is the bomb! Finally....always, always make sure you follow up on two references and avoid any candidate who has been dismissed by a salon more than once, do not believe their 'hard luck' stories of how they were not given a chance etc...no salon owner in their right minds sacks a good employee!

Hello, if you don't mind what is the salon called. I'm from Plymouth and could share a page status if you have one. :)

Latest posts

Back