Advertising home salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HBerry

Reaction score
Hi All

I’m in the process of setting up my at home beauty studio.

How do others out there advertise?

I use social media and I’m good with all of that but once you’ve exhausted online what else do you do?

I’d actually like to make an effort and be proactive with this side of my business.

Am I allowed to post small info packs through the letterboxes locally or do I have to employ a company? I plan on offering my services to local school fetes or raffles...

I know advertising is quite strict now with wording and things you can and can’t say. Does anyone have a link to the rules and regs around this?

Just brainstorming really and everyone here is always really helpful so I’d love some ideas.

Thanks so much! :)

Personally I think it’s impossible to exhaust online! Having been in charge of online marketing for my old salon for several years, being a social media content creator for a local e-commerce business and now being self employed, I’d say this far outweighs most other kinds! You can reach hundreds of new clients daily and have your work seen by people within seconds of doing it! Keep up with social media and get used to the posts that gain the most interaction. Ask clients to post reviews, do mini giveaways, post celebrity photos and link them to a service you provide (want Megan from Love Island’s brows? Just book in for a ____” )

I think posting things through doors etc is fine but can attract all kinds of people, potentially clients you wouldn’t want to invite into your hope - you also have to outlay some kind of cost (the printing etc) for a lot of it to be thrown into the bin.

Perhaps instead, go to local businesses with a lot of female employment or with the kind of employment that fits in with your target audience/clientele and give them a works discount card or a price list.

Try friends and family offers or group booking offers - last year I did a discount where if people booked for 2 cut and finishes at the same time, I did it for a discounted rate - it cut off travel and waiting time for me (mobile stylist) and meant they got to have a good gossip and a glass of wine! People love this sort of thing and it means you get two clients in one slot, and potentially a new one if the friend has never been! If the service they receive is good, the chances are they’ll be back!

I find personally I book most treatments on Facebook or Instagram after seeing attractive photos of the people’s work or good reviews.
What would make you book a treatment somewhere? :)

Personally I think it’s impossible to exhaust online! Having been in charge of online marketing for my old salon for several years, being a social media content creator for a local e-commerce business and now being self employed, I’d say this far outweighs most other kinds! You can reach hundreds of new clients daily and have your work seen by people within seconds of doing it! Keep up with social media and get used to the posts that gain the most interaction. Ask clients to post reviews, do mini giveaways, post celebrity photos and link them to a service you provide (want Megan from Love Island’s brows? Just book in for a ____” )

I think posting things through doors etc is fine but can attract all kinds of people, potentially clients you wouldn’t want to invite into your hope - you also have to outlay some kind of cost (the printing etc) for a lot of it to be thrown into the bin.

Perhaps instead, go to local businesses with a lot of female employment or with the kind of employment that fits in with your target audience/clientele and give them a works discount card or a price list.

Try friends and family offers or group booking offers - last year I did a discount where if people booked for 2 cut and finishes at the same time, I did it for a discounted rate - it cut off travel and waiting time for me (mobile stylist) and meant they got to have a good gossip and a glass of wine! People love this sort of thing and it means you get two clients in one slot, and potentially a new one if the friend has never been! If the service they receive is good, the chances are they’ll be back!

I find personally I book most treatments on Facebook or Instagram after seeing attractive photos of the people’s work or good reviews.
What would make you book a treatment somewhere? :)

Thanks SO much for taking the time to be so helpful. I really appreciate it. Lots of ideas for me to bat about. Fab! :) xx

You're welcome! I love marketing so give me a message if you every wanna brainstorm any ideas - and let us all know how you get on and what works and what doesn't! :)

You're welcome! I love marketing so give me a message if you every wanna brainstorm any ideas - and let us all know how you get on and what works and what doesn't! :)

Oh bless you thanks! That’s really kind of you. I’ll definitely drop you a line when I need some more advice! X

Latest posts

Back