Advertising Nails for Valentines

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

debbienailz

Reaction score
hi everyone
i am about to place an advertisement in our local newspaper to advertise nails for valentines ..i think i need the advert to have 'male' appeal.(hopefully they will buy gift vouchers for their partner:biggrin: )
Bearing in mind that i am welsh and that subtle hints don't normally work on welsh men (not on the ones i know anyway;) ) how would you word an ad ?
my husband thought of something along the line of..
If you can't afford to put a diamond on her finger put beautiful nails on them instead !!!:lol:
all ideas greatfully received ..deadline to get the ad in is monday morning
kindest regards
debbie:biggrin:

debbienailz said:
........... If you can't afford to put a diamond on her finger put beautiful nails on them instead !!!:lol:
all ideas greatfully received ..deadline to get the ad in is monday morning
kindest regards
debbie:biggrin:

Hi Debbie

Just my opinion but I don't think men would like that - they don't like to think/admit they can't afford things for their ladies!
Great idea but maybe say something like 'the alternative to putting a ring on her finger' or 'if you have already put a ring on her finger' instead the words 'can't afford' (purely psychological) - just a thought. :D

Kim said:
Hi Debbie

Just my opinion but I don't think men would like that - they don't like to think/admit they can't afford things for their ladies!
Great idea but maybe say something like 'the alternative to putting a ring on her finger' or 'if you have already put a ring on her finger' instead the words 'can't afford' (purely psychological) - just a thought. :D
hi kim thanks for your suggestion ...i didn't like my husbands suggestion either ...:rolleyes:
i'm just waiting for all you ggeks out there to give me some ideas ...come on:biggrin:
debbie

Hi Debbie,

How about putting a picture of a hand with extensions on it and saying something like 'Treat your partner to fantastic nails, becuase every girl should feel beautiful on Valentines day' ... or you could go for something cheekier like 'want to feel nails like this runing down your back on Valentines day...' :twisted:

when you do finish your advert make sure to take it to all your local barbers & car shops (places blokes visit) and ask if they will put a copy of your add in their window which will help you to hit your target market!

Lou.

This is just an idea.... I know a technician/beauty therapist that takes the liberty of phoning the clients husband a couple of weeks before Valentines Day and does the old sales patter on him and says that if he's stuck for ideas she could help him out by offering either nail related products or a particular service all done up in a lovely package for him to collect at his convenience.

Apparently the clients are well pleased and it has all been done secretly. Who better to offer this service,as the therapist knows the client's likes and dislikes by this time. All the hubby/partner has to do is pay... it comes wrapped up with a big red bow and covered in confetti hearts! How lovely is that. :D

hiya

i would do a simple eyecatching poster with valentines Gift vouchers, with a quote
maybe "pamper your lady this valentines day" simple and to the point.
Just like men really !! lol he he

Maybe put them in red envelopes or boxes with those little paper hearts that fall out.

Little Angel said:
hiya

i would do a simple eyecatching poster with valentines Gift vouchers, with a quote
maybe "pamper your lady this valentines day" simple and to the point.
Just like men really !! lol he he

Maybe put them in red envelopes or boxes with those little paper hearts that fall out.

I love that.... 'simple and to the point' I'm with you there!!

How about starting by putting in bold the headline sex :D
Then you have there attention so just go for it.

debbienailz said:
my husband thought of something along the line of..
If you can't afford to put a diamond on her finger put beautiful nails on them instead !!!
I love what your hubbie is trying to say .... just not how he says it :eek:
You could always play around with this slogan and come up with something a little classier!
Say if you do Creative for instance, you could say...

Every girl deserves something beautiful on her fingers this Valentines day! ........
Creative Forever French nail extensions,

Call Debbienailz , tel: **** for an appointment'

Im sure you'll get what you're after if you keep at it ... good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back