Advertising new business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MINKUS

Gel Junkie
Reaction score
Hi Guys

Anyone got any top tips on good places to advertise, New to the game and itching to get going.

I have ad's in most local post offices but no takers ??

Any info greatly appreciated,

Amber (newbie geek)

hi ya there r lotsa threads about this go to the search at the top, have u tried yell.com ?? also leaflet drops??

hey Amber,

i am having exactly the same problem as you are, most of my clients have been through word of mouth which seems to have dried up a bit!!

do you have any business cards, i'm going to go round all the shops and deposit my cards also noticeboards at gyms and nursery's etc

apart that i'm stuck too - very depressing!

Thanks Pen

What do you think to maybe an ad in local rag?

Dont want to relieve my bank account of tooooo much cash though!!

Hi Ya, have you tried the yell.com or placing an advert in the yellow pages mine goes in this month and i can pay it back monthly so slightly easier on the bank balance lol! If you can get some leaflets done and take them into salons etc that may help and i have just had a fab car graphic made up by Sherrie (Aspirations) hubbie, maybe you can pm her. There are options out there but unfortunately it takes time but im sure we will all be too busy soon! x x

Will look into that thanks Kelly

Amb,

yeah that's a good idea!! i know what you mean about the money side of things, i keep thinking what if i spend all this money but don't get any come back!!

i'd be gutted to not make a profit!!

i also spoke sherrie about that too, it's a brill idea and a really good price too!

hi i work from home and wanted a sign but cant afford one :rolleyes: , so!! :idea: i have got a piece of wood, painted it with blackboard paint and wrote what i wanted on it , i also blutacked some business cards to it for people to take (hopefully)lol , i know it sounds a bit crap but it is sat on the end of my drive and if people get to know that i am there hopefully they will come !!! anything is worth a try

Dee
Hun your house is in a great location and people ARE going to be taking those cards!!!
No everyone don't laugh but here is my top tip......pin those cards up at your local family planning clinic!!!!

Kellyc said:
Hi Ya, have you tried the yell.com or placing an advert in the yellow pages mine goes in this month and i can pay it back monthly so slightly easier on the bank balance lol! If you can get some leaflets done and take them into salons etc that may help and i have just had a fab car graphic made up by Sherrie (Aspirations) hubbie, maybe you can pm her. There are options out there but unfortunately it takes time but im sure we will all be too busy soon! x x
i have also had a car graphic done its brill hopefully ill get some response xx

www.netmums.com or .co.uk - its a website for new mums and there is a notice board on it for each region - perhaps post one on that. I did it yesterday for my mobile beauty business - no calls yet but fingers crossed.

Im trying to advertise but not spend much...I had an competition running in a local university magazine (their advertising rates are sky high). I also phoned primary schools before xmas to have a stall offering nail art at their school fete which generated some clients. Ive also left leaflets in nurseries but nothing from them yet and done a leaflet drop - but its soo cold a the moment!!!

When I get round to it (hopefully soon) Im going to go to local newsagents and ask if I can insert my leaflets into the papers one morning...maybe give the owner a free treatment in return?

Don't know if any of these ideas will help? Im still trying to think of anything else! If i get anything thats worked Ill post it!

I dont know what it's like in the UK..
but here in Montreal they have what is called a "Publisac" which is a plastic bag delivered to your house 2x a week full of flyers from different local businesses.
I usually call them up now and then and have them add some of my flyers..

Also, I always carry flyers in my purse/diaper bag. Whenever I'm out and use a public ladies room, or a 'food court' type of restaurant (like in shopping malls where it's a bunch of different counters serving different foods and then all the tables in the middle for the public to use?) and I'll leave some on a table here and there.

I offer a referral program: 5 referrals get you the service of your choice free.

I leave my cards just about everywhere and anywhere.

Ummmmmmmmm I have a site...

that's the bulk of my advertising right now and it's working very well. :wink2:

wowser, this thread is over 15 months old.....
saw it and thought "what does Amb need advertising help for?" lmao

ValencianNails said:
wowser, this thread is over 15 months old.....
saw it and thought "what does Amb need advertising help for?" lmao

This came up as a new thread - didn't even look when it was posted - just assumed it was a new one! Oh well - Ive opened it up again - doh!

Hellooo Amb!

I get most of my business form word of mouth but as mentioned on here already it can dry up when everybody and anybody know about you and they know where to go when or if they get money.

Clair and I thought of hitting bridal stores, wedding season is just around the corner, we will be approaching them next week and offering them 10% discount on all prices, hair and nails, as a thank for allowing us to advertise in their shop.

We have also printed out leaflets for our leaflet drop and have the wealthy areas in mind. The areas where ladies have more money than sense, more time on their hands than sense and always have alot to say ... you know the type ... ideal clients for us hungry techs!!!!! :D

Hope this helps somehow my love :hug:

xxxx

VHunter said:
I dont know what it's like in the UK..
but here in Montreal they have what is called a "Publisac" which is a plastic bag delivered to your house 2x a week full of flyers from different local businesses.
I usually call them up now and then and have them add some of my flyers..

How much do they charge for that service hun? - i's a fab idea. xx

Prices will vary.
I pay 45$ per 1000 flyers distributed that I print myself. (or rather, that my girlfriend prints for me at her work for free, just straight black and white... but hey FREE lol)

BUT if you do 5000 at a shot, then it's cheaper....
If they print them for you, it cost's more...

Everytime I do this, I get calls, so they pay for themselves.
Also, my town alone does 15,000 bags (doors as they call them). And I do it as my budget allows, a bit at a time, with a list of the 'zones' as they are done.. and I keep track of what I've "hit" and I know where I haven't yet.

Check out the possibilities in your area.
I get more hits this way than with advertising in the local paper AND IT COSTS WAY LESS. (I guess because more people are looking for sales than reading the local paper?)

Latest posts

Back