Advertising of Gel Toes for the Summer!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oey

Reaction score
Have noticed that quite a few of you have said that your business increases over the summer months with gel toes!

Is this something that you advertise (as with other summer treatments - hence in the biz forum) or do you just put it in your price list and it sells itself?

Rach269 did a great thread a while back on an A-board poster on gel toes and just wondered how all you other successful gel toe geeks promoted it!

Rachel269's thread:

http://www.salongeek.com/chit-chat/50868-board-poster.html

Work from home so it can be tricky, but I've downloaded a photo of a friends French gel toes and have turned it into an A4 poster (glossy photo paper) with prices etc and attached to the side of my nail trolley which the clients sit and look at! Never fails to be noticed!

Work from home so it can be tricky, but I've downloaded a photo of a friends French gel toes and have turned it into an A4 poster (glossy photo paper) with prices etc and attached to the side of my nail trolley which the clients sit and look at! Never fails to be noticed!

What a fab idea - might pinch that one!

How about salon based geeks!

I do a special on them, wear them myself, always (forever taking my socks off and saying what do you think of these :eek: ) and recently (just because I like doing them) am doing a draw with whoever has a treatment with me from the 1st March to 14th April will be entered into a draw for a free set of Hollywood Toes.

I add things like dried flowers, nail art and diamontes too. People love to match their toes to their nails.

HTH Teri x :hug:

Have noticed that quite a few of you have said that your business increases over the summer months with gel toes!

Is this something that you advertise (as with other summer treatments - hence in the biz forum) or do you just put it in your price list and it sells itself?

Rach269 did a great thread a while back on an A-board poster on gel toes and just wondered how all you other successful gel toe geeks promoted it!

Rachel's thread:

http://www.salongeek.com/chit-chat/50868-board-poster.html

aw bless Hun thank you:) Ive only just noticed this thread the poster worked a treat they are becoming very popular especially peeps going on holiday :green:
when I asked the clients what they thought of the poster they said straight away "the colour" so guys pink pink pink lol good luck to all :hug:

Not sure if you're aware of this, but Bio sell some lovely pedi posters ... they're not too expensive and can be framed to give maximum effect.

I always wear french gel on my toes in the summer, and I usually run a special offer early summer too, once they have had them once they cant be without!:green:

I always wear french gel on my toes in the summer, and I usually run a special offer early summer too, once they have had them once they cant be without!:green:

That's exactly how I do it! I've already got mine done now!

So - with the special offers do you offer a price discount or some other type of offer. I want to avoid offering a price discount if I can!

That's exactly how I do it! I've already got mine done now!

I was going to do mine at the weekend, but then I ran over my big toe with a pull out veg drawer in Asda and broke the whole nail!!!:irked: Took me ages to grow them too.:mad:

I did the gel course at CND just so I can do gel toes, they look fab. Can I be cheeky & ask how much you charge please?

So - with the special offers do you offer a price discount or some other type of offer. I want to avoid offering a price discount if I can!

I usually knock off a fiver, it only takes me 30 mins so Im still making money! Maybe offering them half price with every full set could work too?:)

I did the gel course at CND just so I can do gel toes, they look fab. Can I be cheeky & ask how much you charge please?

I havent priced it yet but I was thinking £20. what does everybody else charge?

I havent priced it yet but U was thinking £20. what does everybody else charge?

Im charging £15 at the moment, they are usually £20 in my salon.:green:

I charge £22.50 ... if i do an offer in the spring then I do anything between £15 and £20.

I was going to do mine at the weekend, but then I ran over my big toe with a pull out veg drawer in Asda and broke the whole nail!!!:irked: Took me ages to grow them too.:mad:
why not tip your broken nail or sculpt it:)

:o Hi, may be silly question, but are any of the other systems any good one toes, like silk? Would you just wrap the nail or woud you usually extend?

Im charging £15 at the moment, they are usually £20 in my salon.:green:
I think £20. sounds fair. £20 it is then.
Had mine on for 3 weeks now, just done a quick file down & they still look pretty.

Latest posts

Back