Advertising Requests! Do You Get Hounded By This?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have any of you thought of joining the telephone preferance service?
This is not only for your home numbers but for business numbers too.
The Corporate Telephone Preference Service (CTPS) is the central opt out register whereby corporate subscribers can register their wish not to receive unsolicited sales and marketing telephone calls to either all their organisation's telephone numbers, or to certain numbers. It is a legal requirement that companies do not make such calls to numbers registered on the CTPS
Its free to join and it has reduced the sales calls I recieve. If I do get a call I politely let the caller know I am registered with the telephone peferance service and I would appreciate it if they removed my number from their call list.

Have a look at this site it will explane it all:
TPS Registration

HTH

Good idea Jo! I get loads of these calls and I just tell them that the owner isn't in today!

I would just like to say I'm not usually rude to telesales pepole.

HOWEVER ufindus.com (the lady i spoke to) was unbelievably pushy/rude/ignorant/arrogant. The whole deal is a joke, she talked for about 20mins without me being able to speak. She literally turned into the devil woman when I said no and grilled me as to why.

But yes I do get hounded by these companies, I ALWAYS say please take me off your database.

Yes fair enough it is their job, but then so am I and I need to sell to make more money but I'm not gonna be a pig about it!!

If it's due to your advertising budget has been used up then explain to them that you have no money left for more advertising and you're more than happy with what you have at the moment.

Most importantly try not to be rude, they haven't deserved rudeness (most of the time).

This is exactly my response to these calls. I get several a day. Sometimes yes it is slightly annoying having to answer the phone to someone trying to offer you advertising, especially when you've got clients with you.
Im always curtious. plus clients are normally around me when i answer the phone, so me sounding rude and snappy also isnt a good advert for my clients on my behalf.

please dont fall for these, i get so many calls like this i did do a thread on here about them before, so i could help warn some people on here. its very annoying as you cant report them because when you ask for the name of the company and a phone number they give some made up answer ( my last one was muppets r us and they gave me the childline number, i was not impressed) so you have no details about them to report them. I am hoping that the calls will reduce in time but to be honest there is no sign of them reducing yet.
Everyone please be aware of these people, and dont fall for it!!!!

Latest posts

Back