Advertising with yellow pages & yell .com

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh my yellow pages where do I begin they are calling me at home and at my salon 4 times a day because I refuse to sign up with them their free listing was ok but tbh I didn't seem to get many people finding me on there mostly from google searches that's a lot of money to pay and could be of better use elsewhere x

One thing I have been doing is direct messaging on Facebook.

Think of your client group, for example women in an affluent area (for my client base) then send a few direct messages to them. I picked a well known nightclub fan page in my area and messaged people with price details and links to my Facebook page and found I got quite a few clients doing this with only a few hours work. You also get their friends coming with them.

The snags: some people see it as 'spam' and take issue, but I found most were genuinely interested especially if you are interesting and polite. Another issue is there is a limit to the amount of direct messages you can send each day on Facebook before it tells you off! I think I managed to do about 30-40 a day, just copy and past your message but make sure you personalise the opening with their name...

X

I have registered today with google places, however, when Im searching, I arent coming up unless I put my business name in. Does anyone know how I can push myself up on the search list? or even come up on it? lol :D

Hi,

I am just coming to the end of a year long contract with Yell. They gave me it at a reduced rate of £42 per month. I must stay I have not recouped the money I have spent with them in the amount of calls that I gained from it.

Needless to say I will not be renewing my contract!

Latest posts

Back