Advertising your business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coppertop

Reaction score
I work as a mobile therapist but only have a few clients at the moment and think i have done well to say that i have not advertised myself in any way at all.
I really want to start pushing for more clients in the next few months and would love to have some input from ALL of you as to how you all did it?
Was it flyers? Posters? Website? Advertisments in newspapers?
I know that it takes some time to build up your clients and i just don't really want to waste money if i can help it.
My nephew has offered to do my website for me and my pricelists so i will have them to help me.
All advice is appreciated.

Hi

I recommend introduce a friend.
Give both existing & new client a discounted reward-say 25%

Had your price lists to your local wedding shops, hair salon, etc....

Just a couple to get you started:)
Lizzy x

ღMandyღ;615257 said:
I work as a mobile therapist but only have a few clients at the moment and think i have done well to say that i have not advertised myself in any way at all.
I really want to start pushing for more clients in the next few months and would love to have some input from ALL of you as to how you all did it?
Was it flyers? Posters? Website? Advertisments in newspapers?
I know that it takes some time to build up your clients and i just don't really want to waste money if i can help it.
My nephew has offered to do my website for me and my pricelists so i will have them to help me.
All advice is appreciated.

A website is a good idea but make sure you get it so it comes up first on google for people searching in your area people searching tend to contact the first one. Word of mouth is what helped me in the beginning if you do some special offers that should get more clients coming to you. I have personally found flyers and newspaper ads to be a waste of time.:)

Hi

I recommend introduce a friend.
Give both existing & new client a discounted reward-say 25%

Had your price lists to your local wedding shops, hair salon, etc....

Just a couple to get you started:)
Lizzy x

That's a great idea! Thanks.

A website is a good idea but make sure you get it so it comes up first on google for people searching in your area people searching tend to contact the first one. Word of mouth is what helped me in the beginning if you do some special offers that should get more clients coming to you. I have personally found flyers and newspaper ads to be a waste of time.:)

How do i get it so my site comes up top then? I really am clueless!

Anyone else got any advice ot ideas????

ღMandyღ;617140 said:
Anyone else got any advice ot ideas????
Car advertising can be good,I had someone text me only this morning saying"saw your advert on the car can I please have a price list?"Leaflet drops and laminated advertising cards then placing in shop windows works wonders.I spent hours making mine,then laminated them to make them look ultra professional.Even the shop keeper said how nice they looked.

I say 'laminating',because I see so many advertising cards in shop windows that are supposed to be put together by a professional and yet look like they have been made my a 5 year old in a classroom.This screams UNPROFESSIONAL to me,Take care with layout,have a logo,state your qualifications and that you have insurance.Above all take your time,as said the amount I have seen that are written in felt tip on a bit of shabby card.....:eek:HTH a bit.

Car advertising can be good,I had someone text me only this morning saying"saw your advert on the car can I please have a price list?"Leaflet drops and laminated advertising cards then placing in shop windows works wonders.I spent hours making mine,then laminated them to make them look ultra professional.Even the shop keeper said how nice they looked.

I say 'laminating',because I see so many advertising cards in shop windows that are supposed to be put together by a professional and yet look like they have been made my a 5 year old in a classroom.This screams UNPROFESSIONAL to me,Take care with layout,have a logo,state your qualifications and that you have insurance.Above all take your time,as said the amount I have seen that are written in felt tip on a bit of shabby card.....:eek:HTH a bit.

Thanks Babs. I agree with making an effort in all advertisments. It says a lot.

Well now I spent weeks compiling this article both based on my own experience and from searching through every advertising thread there is http://www.salongeek.com/business/28153-sassy-guide-advertising-your-business.html It really is jam packed with info and is regularly updated when I see a geek coming up with a new idea!

The key with advertising is consistency. It's no good doing a leaflet drop to a few hundred houses and never doing any more. I used to target all the houses in my old village once a month and I always got at least 2 new clients from it ... and it also showed previous clients that I was still in business! Also as Babs says make sure that whatever form of adveristing you do that it looks professional, your advert is your shopfront and is a first impression to a potential client of how you operate. i used to use postcards from Vistaprint, slightly pricey (although good value for money) but they got me results ... and at the end of the day that's what we want ... results!

I think flyers are a great idea, but make sure they are without prices on them - they will be relevant longer and means you can order the printing in a bigger batch which will cut costs.
Here is a good cost effective idea you might want to try
- forge a relationship with your local take-away (offer nail services to the owner/owners other half) in exchange for them enclosing one of your flyers in each delivery order for say one weekend. Its a great way of getting your leaflet through the door of people who have expendable income and a fab way to get them to read it whilst they are eating their pizza for example!! and it hardly costs you a penny. xx

I think flyers are a great idea, but make sure they are without prices on them - they will be relevant longer and means you can order the printing in a bigger batch which will cut costs.
- forge a relationship with your local take-away (offer nail services to the owner/owners other half) in exchange for them enclosing one of your flyers in each delivery order for say one weekend. Its a great way of getting your leaflet through the door of people who have expendable income and a fab way to get them to read it whilst they are eating their pizza for example!! and it hardly costs you a penny. xx

We've done this with a few of the local boutiques here in Javea. they put a leaflet in the sales bag and we have had a couple of clients from it. Think I had better add this to my article as i don't think it's on there :o. Thanks for reminding me Jax!!!!

Great idea!

Just read some wicked ideas on here!!
I personally found our local ad mag to be the most useful, I also have car magnetics on my car they only cost 40 quid, they look really good and wherever I go my logo goes with me, I may not have had any clients directly from it but it gets you noticed, people see my car signs locally then my ad in the local mag etc..if you get my point (I think I have gone into waffle mode sorry!)

Ive heard a leaflet drop on a saturday and sunday morning as most people are in at those times, if you do a leaflet drop during the week, they all get gathered up & thrown out along with the free newspapers and junkmail at the end of the week
hth
carrie xx

I have a website that I am able to change and play with myself and it costs £2.99 a month and thats all!!!!
The company is called moonfruit and it gave me a layout and I put all the info in myself! I am hopeless with pc's and I found it really easy!
My business cards are done by vistaprint and I always buy when they have a special offer on and I put these everywhere. I also always have a stack with me everywhere!
:hug:

Latest posts

Back