advertising

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luckybird21

Reaction score
what does everyone think is the best way to advertise?

I was thinking of doing a leaflet drop in my area (got leaflets made up and everything), but did some research in local area, and discovered that nearly all the salons are bad mma users, and only charge £10 for a full set, including airbrushing! i really don't know how they manage this! People want mobile tecs to be cheaper than salons (which in most cases are) as decent salons charge £45 for full set of p&w and i charge £30 for p&w. But in the eyes of all the chave's around here im well expensive! so they won't use me.

so how am i gonna get more clients?

and the way im writing posts at the moment it looks like im trying to take over the whole board! HEhE

Hi,

I've in Lordswood for five years before we moved to Suffolk, so I know what you mean about the prices!!! :mad:

I wouldn't lower your prices. When I started out mobile here I visited several of the salons to check out the competition. One salon was charging18.00 for sculpted nails (I couldn't charge that low!!!! and wouldn't ;) ) but i did start my prices quite low to fit in with the competition. I did have quite a few regulars, but then they all fizzled out because they couldn't afford it. They may come back but I have attracted the clients who will not be long term.

I will no longer offer nails at the cheap rates of the local salons. I feel my service is much better and I also believe in making the client feel pampered. As Gigi said in your thread concerning 'speeding up', charge what you believe you are worth, work smarter not harder.

I am also mobile, and i would definately charge a good price. I worked out what salons in my area charged and mobile techs as well. I have a sort of middle price so i'm not cheap but not as expensive as some of the salons where i am.

Believe in yourself and what you can do, dont got too cheap or people will wonder why. Anyone that isn't willing to pay your prices coz of cheap MMA salons, then they aren't worth having in the fisrt place.

Put a couple of adverts in your car windows, leaflet drops and a couple of cards perhaps in shop windows too, it all helps. Good luck.

thanks for that guys. i'll just make sure i do a leaflet drop in the nicer parts of the town!

Latest posts

Back