adverts

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emmalouisa

Reaction score
hi ive advertised in hairdressers , hotels with my cousin shes a gym instructor so my buisness cards are in 2 gyms also in shop windows and i delivered lots to people houses , plus yell.com is there anywhere else i can advertise as im not getting much response ????

emmalouisa said:
hi ive advertised in hairdressers , hotels with my cousin shes a gym instructor so my buisness cards are in 2 gyms also in shop windows and i delivered lots to people houses , plus yell.com is there anywhere else i can advertise as im not getting much response ????
Emma it takes time - be patient! It really does take a while for people to start coming but it will happen, trust me :)

Emma,

I'm in the same boat - have done c750 leaflet drop, etc, etc, so hopefully Carole is correct and the customers will follow sooooooooon xx

NailNovice2 said:
Emma,

I'm in the same boat - have done c750 leaflet drop, etc, etc, so hopefully Carole is correct and the customers will follow sooooooooon xx
I got very despondent in the first month or so but the business is picking up. I never thought that yell.com would yield any business for me but hey i got a call the other night from someone who'd looked for someone in their area and came that evening to have a full set of fibreglass! Patience is the key!!

Carole Lindsay said:
I got very despondent in the first month or so but the business is picking up. I never thought that yell.com would yield any business for me but hey i got a call the other night from someone who'd looked for someone in their area and came that evening to have a full set of fibreglass! Patience is the key!!
Hi i definately agree with Carole its definately patience that is needed ive been trying to build a clientele for nearly a year even though i lacked confidence and so limited my advertising at first but even now i am still waiting it is slowly but surely starting to pick up but what more can you do apart from shouting from the roof tops lol! i guess you can just keep persisting with your advertising im sure eventually we will all be saying how busy we are (well i do have a tendancy to dream lol!) x x

Have you asked your local schools to give out your flyers to the children for the mums? also if the school is having a fate give a free manicure or full set as a rafle prize, that will give you loads of free advertising and the mums will see what you can do...!!

emmalouisa said:

vicky said:
Have you asked your local schools to give out your flyers to the children for the mums? also if the school is having a fate give a free manicure or full set as a rafle prize, that will give you loads of free advertising and the mums will see what you can do...!!
Yeah i was gonna mention about schools etc. but they've all broken up around our way and assumed they would everywhere else and they've all had their fetes. Maybe in September that would be a good time to contact schools and see if they have any thoughts about doing things like ladies indulgence evenings.

Forgot the kids have broken up...lol mine are soooo quiet....!

OK ...try the private nurseries...they are open ALL year round..lol the private school were mine went had a notice board with alsorts on it. Worth a try..!

Carole Lindsay said:
Yeah i was gonna mention about schools etc. but they've all broken up around our way and assumed they would everywhere else and they've all had their fetes. Maybe in September that would be a good time to contact schools and see if they have any thoughts about doing things like ladies indulgence evenings.
Yeah im missing my Saturday fete's lol! x x x

lol my little one starts big nursery in september so ill be able to put my cards about then do you think i could walk into a private nurserey and ask them as my little one dont go there??? as theres one of those leapfrog nursery s near me xx

emmalouisa said:
lol my little one starts big nursery in september so ill be able to put my cards about then do you think i could walk into a private nurserey and ask them as my little one dont go there??? as theres one of those leapfrog nursery s near me xx
I dont see why not, i would but havent got the bottle lol! bit scared when it comes to things like that. As long as no one else does it so your not stepping on toes so as to speak then i cant see any problem with it x

I would....and you could offer a discount to the girls that work there..! Let the mums see your nails. Go for it xx

emmalouisa said:
my attitude is if you dont ask you dont get :) Have you done your nail training now then?

Latest posts

Back