Advice about waxing with paper strips!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ejboyle

Reaction score
When I was at college I only ever used material strips. I used paper ones or twice but I didn't like them. Now I've got myself in as salon working I'm starting to do waxing and I'm struggling to adapt to paper. Any advise? Will I get used to it or should I ask about have material?

What do you find you don't like about them? I prefer paper as they don't flop about, they don't shed bits of fibre all over the place and I feel I have more control over them than I ever did with fabric strips.

I used fabric at college but now prefer paper...it's just adapting

I used to use fabric strips for many years but changed to good quality paper strips last year. I have played about with different brands of paper - comparing cheaper brands to quality/premium brands. My advice is to use the best quality paper strips as they will make your waxing much easier. x

If you're really uncomfortable using paper, can you not just supply your own?
Not ideal I guess, but if it were me, I'd just want to make life easier for myself! :p

I personally find paper much easier and you dont get any fluff sticking either. i think its just a case of getting used to them ?

I think it's just what I'm used to think I need to be more open to using new things. Just practise with paper instead. It's my timings too I'm having issue with but think that will sort it self out xx

I was trained using fabric but now will only use paper I find it much easier to use and use much less of them on a client than if I use a fabric strip. x

I use paper strips, used to use fabric and as other have said I found that I had less control :) think it is something you'll get used to over time x

I also trained with fabric strips but after leaving college had to use paper strips in the salon I worked in .....I hated them initially but now I only ever use paper ....it just takes time with anything we do in this industry to get used to using alternative equipment or different methods of doing things....I've just purchased some honeycomb paper strips and hate them so it's just a preference but keep persevering x

Waxperts make strips that are a blend of cotton and paper. I find them lovely to use.

New Waxperts make strips that are a blend of cotton and paper. I find them lovely to use.
How do they compare with standard paper strips?

Latest posts

Back