Advice about working in England please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barbiegirl

Reaction score
Hi
To cut a long story short. I am English, been living in Turkey for nearly 3 years but have now met a fabulous hairdresser here and we both want to move back to the UK in a year to start a business. Apart from the obvious red tape we will have to cross because he is Turkish please could somebody give me some general advice about hairdressing and business. Also I doubt it very much but if anybody has ever met a Turkish partner and moved back to the UK any advice there would be good too.

What is the best way to start in England. I know I am English but I have never been involved in the hairdressing business before. Is it better to rent a chair (how much could you earn doing this) or is it better to try and rent your own shop if funds permit.

How much would it be to rent a decent sized salon in the Norfolk area for example, running costs etc. Also what would the average earnings be. We would like to work the main part of the year in England and then leave the shop to be run whilst we visit family in Turkey.

Any advice you can give me as to WHERE on earth to start and also monetary things especially would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Barbiegirl

Hi, and a very big welcome to salon geek , :hug: x
at the moment there are a few fellow geeks asking similar questions about business plans etc ,
just go on the biz forum and you will see quite a few threads along these lines.
Also if you enter a particular topic into the search bar at the top of the salon geek page you can gather loads if suitable information about it ,
hope this helps :hug: x

Hi Barbiegirl,
Only just read your post as I'm new to this website, Have you manage to get any answers to your questions?

As for your friend, parnter? The visa system will prevent him starting Is own business, just to even come here he would need an invite, job offer and a sponsor or if you are a couple he could come on visitor visa but not able to work. It so difficult I know ... If you email i can give you advice about visa's

As for renting, you will need to buy a lease, If you start from scratch you just buy lease and pay rent and rates this could be anything from 400 -1000 pm rates,bills,insurances, etc on top plus furniture,stock,electrical equipment, decor ....
If you buy a lease from a business you will have to pay rent and a big payment for the business which could be anything from 10,000 -100,00

hope this helps in a little for you, remember though It takes alot of planning, reserch and 110% dedication to start up not to mention the finacial side
good luck

Latest posts

Back