Advice and guidance on diploma beauty courses!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lauraskrines

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a very creative person aged 25 who is in the middle of changing careers. I love working with people but find that 6 years of being a health care support worker does not allow me to show my creative and artistic side as much as I would like. I have a passion for beauty and am currently setting up a beauty site selling beauty goods. However, I would like to be more actively involved in the beauty industry and have decided that I would like to become a nail techician. I struggled to find many good courses accredited by the beauty guild within Wales.

Nevertheless, I came across this site Beauty Etiquette ~ Salon Training Courses with an intensive salon diploma offering one course that enables you to gain three diplomas in beauty therapy, nail technology and holistic massage. I thought this was wonderful as in the future I wanted to incorporate massage and eye enhancement treatments.

However, I wanted advice as to whether this course is any good or not. Various reviews on other sites not affiliated with it have been very good. One person supposedly went on to open a salon which I thought was wonderful as I wanted to go mobile.

The course leader states that 'The certificate is from beauty etiquette training school and has a stamp of approval on it from associated beauty therapists our main accreditors. Yes you ll get the three diplomas. All modules and certification are fully accredited.'

Any advice would be appreciated!!!

Thank you

Does it matter that the diploma comes from the training school rather than an accreditor, even though it has their stamp of approval on it?

I can't comment on the course itself, but I would personally call insurance companies to check they would accept this

The courses don't say who they are accredited by, or I must be missing something off the website.

As an employer, I wouldn't employ anyone from one of these courses because there is nothing there to say they meet industry standards.

To find about the qualifications available, have a look the Habia website: Habia / Learners

There re a lot of schools out there offering short cut courses to beauty, hairdressing and massage. These courses won't make you a good practitioner, and many don't meet the required standards. Just because something is insurable, it doesn't make it a profession.

Latest posts

Back