Advice, been offered a beauty room in a hotel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nads2030

Reaction score
Hi Nickij,
I have just been approached by a local hotel to operate a beauty room within they're hotel.
I was just about to start up my own salon from home, and they've heard about me. I'm very tempted to do it, even though i've just spent quite a bit redecorating my room in my home, however i do live out in the sticks so i was about to spend a lot on advertising and marketing.
Whereas if i said yes to this hotel they would market me being there and book treatments in ect.
He mentioned rent free to me as i would be an asset to them. and i guess they're taking out the competition before i begin.
Did you have a say on your pricelist? ect
I would be supplying all my products and equipment.
You must be able to tell im just toying with the idea at the moment lol
Brain frazzled

Iv just started renting a beauty room and it's fab! Id be wary about them saying rent free? Seems strange to me they don't want any rent. Just be careful what you sign up too xx

Melanie, some hotels benefit greatly from having a beauty salon on site - e.g. if you were booking a wedding package away from home and needed make-up done or wanted treatments the day before, would you go for the hotel that has a beauty salon on site or one where you will need to go into town? I imagine the free rent will only last a set amount of time and will be open for negotiation but I don't doubt they would offer it to try and get somebody in :)

Hi reading this I can't really comment on the benefits but would point out that you check what you are liable for, for example if a client has been booked in for an appointment with you and they fall or get injured whilst on their way to or from your room who would be liabile, just worth checking.

Latest posts

Back