Advice, caring for extensions while on holiday?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteffiMc

Reaction score
Hey guys I have a lady who's had extensions in and is now off on a warm holiday so was looking for any tips to give her on keeping her hair nice while away? Or any good products. Ive already said try n keep from getting it soaked in the pool etc all the time any tips/advice appreciated thanks! She has bonds x

Right, Id be giving my clients a proper lecture on this one. Messed my own extensions up by not looking after them on hols so I know what Im talking about!
1. Do not get the hair wet in the poolor sea (if possible)
2. Wash and condition straight away after getting it in pool of sea
3. Dry hair (or at least the bonds) completely
4. Use Joico Smooth range sulphate free shampoo, conditioner, thermal protect and smoothing balm. Or Pureology Smooth range (has built in heat protectors in the shampoo and conditioner)
5. Brush hair with soft bristled brush often, to keep from matting
6. Pureology do a great UV spray for added protection in the Repair range. great to use when you apply sunblock - spritz hair too.

Yeah so thats a lot of products, but she's paying for her hair so would be wasting the money if she didnt bother with them.
Hope that helps
P.s yes Im a little dictorial about looking after hair. and yes, my clients are too scared of me not to do it!
xxxxxxxxxxxx

Right, Id be giving my clients a proper lecture on this one. Messed my own extensions up by not looking after them on hols so I know what Im talking about!
1. Do not get the hair wet in the poolor sea (if possible)
2. Wash and condition straight away after getting it in pool of sea
3. Dry hair (or at least the bonds) completely
4. Use Joico Smooth range sulphate free shampoo, conditioner, thermal protect and smoothing balm. Or Pureology Smooth range (has built in heat protectors in the shampoo and conditioner)
5. Brush hair with soft bristled brush often, to keep from matting
6. Pureology do a great UV spray for added protection in the Repair range. great to use when you apply sunblock - spritz hair too.

Yeah so thats a lot of products, but she's paying for her hair so would be wasting the money if she didnt bother with them.
Hope that helps
P.s yes Im a little dictorial about looking after hair. and yes, my clients are too scared of me not to do it!
xxxxxxxxxxxx

Lol thanks hunni most of it I've already told her but pleased of a good product recommend!! Yep i come down heavy on the aftercare speech haha xx

Latest posts

Back