Advice, client wanting to charge her phone

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roxy89

Reaction score
If you a ran a salon - Sunbed & beauty and a client asked 'you got a plug' so she could charge her phone. What would you say?

If you a ran a salon - Sunbed & beauty and a client asked 'you got a plug' so she could charge her phone. What would you say?

No, as it's not covered by insurance. Imagine of it was these dodgy chargers that explode from eBay.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yep no prob.
Have done many times

Sent from my SM-N915G using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm a home salon so slightly different but yeah I'd let them... I have clients that bring their laptop with them, connect to my wifi and pretend their working from home still by wiggling the mouse every few minutes so the laptop stays active 😂 x

If a client or anyone asked then it wouldn't be a problem. I have a problem when people don't have the courtesy to ask you.

If a client asks it should not be a problem at the end of the day she is a client !!! I personally don't see an issue iv often been out for Sunday dinner and asked the bar man to charge my phone. It's nice to be nice 😃

No, as it's not covered by insurance. Imagine of it was these dodgy chargers that explode from eBay.

As I am a 'people pleaser', I'd automatically say yes...BUT, you have made a very good point!

It's always a no from me, their appliance hasn't been pat tested.

Well these saftey posts have made me think twice! I always say yes & I let them use my wifi lol

I would of said yes......but having thought about these points Im not sure now.

I have charged my phone in bars before but it was a charger they had on the premises.

It will always be a yes from me x

Sent from my SM-N910F using SalonGeek mobile app

Yes from me too! I can't imagine going to any hairdressers/beauticians & them not letting me. I'd be rightly miffed lol x

I always let clients plug them in, although sat in A&E other day to watch a woman plug her charger in a plug that stated not to be used to charge her phone so she could play games on it - that I thought was very cheeky!

Without a doubt. I even supply chargers if they just have a phone. Great customer service tool.

A yes from me too.

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Absolutely no problem. My clients do it all the time.

I let my clients charge their phones all the time without a second thought, i understand people's concerns regarding insurance etc but would feel rather pedantic stopping them for this reason. Will be my own fault when my salon burns down from a charger exploding 😳😀

I say I've got an iPhone 4 & 5 charger here, is that ok?
I've never had a client that doesn't have an iPhone.
I was in a pub the other afternoon while I had workman in my shop opposite and I didn't think to ask if I could plug my laptop in at the plug where I was sitting. Oops

I let my clients charge their phones all the time without a second thought, i understand people's concerns regarding insurance etc but would feel rather pedantic stopping them for this reason. Will be my own fault when my salon burns down from a charger exploding 😳😀

You won't be insured.

It's not being fussy and im not one of the PC Health and Safety brigade I assure you.

Say your client is charging a phone and another clients child touches it and gets shocked or say you have a client next to her who gets hurt if it explodes.

All electrical equipment must be tested. Bringing in a charger without it being tested is irresponsible.

I like how you express that if your salon burns down then it's your fault. Are you really going to be that cool if that happened due to your incompetence? I think not.

It will still always be a yes from me x

Sent from my SM-N910F using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back