Advice? Discounted treatments.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chloep1111

Reaction score
Hi, sorry for the long post. I have been self employed for a few years and always give friends and family discounted treatments. All my friends and family come for regular appointments and treat themselves to facials ect. I have a close family member who I’ve never had issues with in regards to pricing, treatments ect. She regularly books for her and her kids and is always (although late) happy to pay the price. She is also prone to canceling on the day or changing appointments so close that I can’t fill the time.

Today I chased up money from her that was due 1 month ago, her and her kids had £160 salon price of treatments done…. I asked her for £40 to which she was appalled and said was pretty steep and asked what I was charging her for as they only had nails ect.

I offered her £10 back and she scoffed and said obviously she wouldn’t take it back now as that’s how much I wanted.

I am so hurt by this and how she acted, am I being unreasonable? Partner said not to take her again and speak to her but I don’t know what’s best. Feel like she doesn’t think my treatments are worth it. Bare in mind one of her kids nails are still on 4 weeks later!

I give 20% off for close family only. Friends are on full price. Everyone pays at the time of their treatment.
Sounds like you need to set a new policy to prevent this happening again. Make sure you send the same message to everyone at the the same time.
You could use the current inflation/energy price hikes as a basis for your reason, I'm sure you could write something sympathetically compelling.

Latest posts

Back