Advice for 12 year old!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becca1811

Reaction score
A 12 year old child i know has somehow gotten their hands on an acrylic kit (presumably off amazon) and has now gone on to apply 3 sets on themselves. They look horrendous and i cant help but think a 12 year old should not be playing with these materials like theyre toys!

Advice and links needed for proof on the damage that can be caused by a child attempting their own acrylics!

Don’t worry. I had one of those rio sets I begged for at the same age. The only proof you need is that it looks crap and they know it does and when they try to take it off they will realise how horrible and painful it is when you don’t know what you are doing. That will either be enough to stop them or they might actually take the time to learn how to do it and get better, we could have a future nail tech here. Best to encourage positively.

You could retail a removal kit and soakers that specifically says use under parental supervision only. Otherwise it’s not any of our business what parents let their kids do unfortunately. Let the parent know you are there if the child needs any advice for the industry. Be available to help :)

It’s stupid adults I worry about doing their own beauty, Kids actually read instructions haha.

It’s up to the parents to manage what dangerous chemicals their child has access to.
Obviously a child can’t purchase the products online themselves, so presumably the parents don’t care about the possibility of creating lifelong allergies for their child?

Also, EU labelling regulations require that these products are labelled as ‘not suitable for persons under 16’, and that applies to products marketed to non professionals as well as salon only products.

It’s up to the parents to manage what dangerous chemicals their child has access to.
Obviously a child can’t purchase the products online themselves, so presumably the parents don’t care about the possibility of creating lifelong allergies for their child?

You can buy DIY acrylic packs in Boots and Superdrug

Latest posts

Back