Advice for a French pleat? Struggling a lot

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hairflair'xo

Reaction score
Hey so we just started our hair up unit and im struggling with a french pleat...this is just about as neat as I can get it! :/ any advice would be very much appreciated :) xxxx

Sorry its sideways!

Attachments

• DSC00010.jpg
    DSC00010.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 4,655
thats really good , dont beat yourself up:biggrin: ,
i know you tube is like the devil but theres some really good tutorials on there for hair ups, do a serach on here and i am sure you will find some good links x

Thankyou! I shall do that, thanks for taking the time to reply xxx

looks pretty good:biggrin: did you do the running for the bus test? my tutor would pick the dolls head up and shake it about as if running for the bus to see if it held together!!
I'm sure you've got your criss cross of grips and then some, holding it all and a shed load of hairspray. well done.

:) I think it looks lovely! I would be impressed if I had come in to a salon and you had done that x

I think u have done a really good job. u said u've just started... u obvs have a flair. Good work x

french pleats were the worst when I was training...
Your pic looks good though! shouldnt beat yourself up best advice...just keep practicing it looks great! xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Thankyou so much everybody! I've been practising more tonight and its getting better! xxx
and we havnt done the running for the bus test hehe xxx

Good effort to start with, little tip wavy hair is better than straight hair to do a pleat with and do some back combing at the back it helps give more volume and the pins stay in tighter. If I put a flower in the top my old tutor would pull it straight out as people put them in to cover up untidy work, I'm not saying that's what U've done cos its not a bad effort, keep practicing and it will get even better, good luck.

Yep plenty of back combing then smooth over. Looks lovely :lol:

again thanks everyone!
+I see what you mean Ryan haha, not going to lie the top was a little messy but I generally thought the flower would add a nice touch :) as my blocks hair is a pretty boring colour!

Latest posts

Back