Advice for a nail tech in a chain salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melissa82

Reaction score
Hello, I was wondering if anyone here works in a chain salon and can tell me about their experience with it. Kind of looking for a what to do, not to do info. I just accepted a nail tech job at one (it's a high end spa/salon). I am of course a little nervous (I finished nail school in January and worked in another salon for 3 months mainly doing mani's/pedi's with the rare Shellac) but I do have 5 weeks of training from them to get me in gear. :)

Hi Melissa :). I would not rock the boat. A chain salon is very concerned over consistency. Do everything exactly how they show you even if you don't agree, especially at first. Hopefully you and the salon are on the same page and you'll be happy there!

I hope the salon drama stays to the minimum too!

Good luck.

Hello, I was wondering if anyone here works in a chain salon and can tell me about their experience with it. Kind of looking for a what to do, not to do info. I just accepted a nail tech job at one (it's a high end spa/salon). I am of course a little nervous (I finished nail school in January and worked in another salon for 3 months mainly doing mani's/pedi's with the rare Shellac) but I do have 5 weeks of training from them to get me in gear. :)

Good luck x

Good luck.

Geeg, in your salons how do you control the "drama" ? I image your staff is so busy they don't have time for it!

Geeg, in your salons how do you control the "drama" ? I image your staff is so busy they don't have time for it!
These days I am pretty much out of the salon as regards running it on an every day basis, but when I ran my 3 salons we really didn't have dramas. We were booked solid every day and we just pretty much worked as a team and got on. I had other issues of the odd technician stealing stock and trying to do nails on the side with my stock but one crown court case against one of the theif tpretty much put the fear of god into anyone else contemplating doing the same thing after that. :)

Sorry to hijack the thread but can I ask Geeg, are all your staff Spanish Natives or speak Spanish? I've had the opportunity to move to Spain and would like to know what my chances are realistically of working as a technician over there. Also what qualifications do they accept over there? Thank you

Sorry to hijack the thread but can I ask Geeg, are all your staff Spanish Natives or speak Spanish? I've had the opportunity to move to Spain and would like to know what my chances are realistically of working as a technician over there. Also what qualifications do they accept over there? Thank you
We all speak Spanish in the salon and we have one Spanish technician who is the co-owner of the salon.

Bit like the UK in that anyone can become a nail technician here and I'm not sure anyone regulates qualifications.

We all speak Spanish in the salon and we have one Spanish technician who is the co-owner of the salon.

Bit like the UK in that anyone can become a nail technician here and I'm not sure anyone regulates qualifications.

Thanks for the reply Geeg, interesting to know, are your clients mainly natives, holiday makers or a mixture of both?

Latest posts

Back