Advice for grown-out extensions during lockdown

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MinxyKitten

Reaction score
Hi all. What are you advising your clients with nano ring extensions that need maintenance at the moment please?

Hi all. What are you advising your clients with nano ring extensions that need maintenance at the moment please?
Hey

So I have nano ring extentions and they was due to be 're done just before the lock down :( sooo i got some plyers (only yesterday ) and took them all out myself and gently brushed out the new shedded hair (you can put a little bit of the conditioner on to help them slide.. ) im going to have them all put back in soon as we are back to normality :) keeping the hair as I've had it 6 months and the hair is perfect.!!! Hope this helps.

Thank you! I have two clients due and don't really know what to advise them! I have taken my own out, but don't know if they will be able to do that themselves. I may suggest to persevere, wear it up more, try not to run fingers through etc...

Thank you! I have two clients due and don't really know what to advise them! I have taken my own out, but don't know if they will be able to do that themselves. I may suggest to persevere, wear it up more, try not to run fingers through etc...
Hey

Mmmm I don't no beacause where the grow out is they tend to stick to the next one and that is where matting starts.. specially for clients that don't look after them or brush them lol I'm lucky with mine as I really really do look after my hair thas how I manage to use the hair over and over again.. if your client has someone with them I guarantee they can do the back for them... my 12 yr old son tokk all my back ones out!!!!! LMAO i did all the sides what I could see.

Hey I am on my first set of nano ring extensions and was wondering the same thing. I was suppose to get them re fitted in 2 weeks which I am pretty sure isn't going to happen. I have also accidentally ripped one out yesterday which has really freaked me out as I now have a tiny bold spot where it was.

Removing nano rings at home - will it cause damage and hair loss?

Thanks

I’m not a hairdresser and I managed to remove mine myself easily. Combing it through took a while but I managed the whole process in a couple of hours. Feels so much better now they’re out as they were so outgrown

It won’t cause damage or hair loss if you do it carefully. Use pliers and make sure the ring is popped open before trying to slide the extension out. Gently pull apart the little dread that’s left (rather than combing down ) then when it’s loose brush it out. If you have clients that are desperate for removal then send them detailed instructions on how to do it them selves. That’s what my lash lady did for her clients. [emoji1360]

Hey guys, we would recommend to definitely remove them if they've grown ou because the roots will start matting and cause your hair to break. Best way to do this:

-Purchase hair extension removal pliers (there are specific pliers for each method)
-Lots of butterfly clips to clip your hair up in sections
-Un-clip the rings one by one and gently pull them down without ripping out the natural hair
-Avoid using things like baby oil and sliding them out, this will 100% break the hair shaft
-Once all extensions are out, wash, condition and wide -tooth comb the remaining "hair" that has shed naturally out
-Blowdry and style

Its a good time to have an extension break and use good hair oils do a weekly head massage and stimulate growth x

I’m hanging onto mine for dear life just because I know I’ll struggle putting them back in once they’re out! I know this is not a good idea and definitely it something I’d tell my clients to do Lol, my hair is matting more by the day and I’m gonna hate myself when they do come out but I can’t be bald and bored and have disgusting roots ffs lol!

Latest posts

Back