Advice for my new home treatment room please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jennypenny1972

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I'm in the process of turning our spare room into my own little sanctuary and am after some advice please.

1. What type of flooring is best? It's currently carpeted and I will be changing it. Not sure about laminate, lino, vinyl etc etc.

2. Also, can anyone recommend a really good chair for my clients and more importantly, myself. I currently use a dining chair and that is not even an option. Christmas was hell with the pain in my lower back!! I'm prepared to pay good money if necessary for a chair that I'll be sitting in for several hours a day.

Thanks in advance,

Jenny x

What treatments will you be offering? Is it only nails?

At the moment I offer nails only. I will be offering facials and Indian Head Massage once the room is up and running. X

Last edited:
I do nails from home

A laminate floor is really easy to clean and keep dust free, try not to drop glue bottles on it or acetone [emoji33] but I would imagine they would knacker most surfaces!

I use a gas lift stool, mine is from when I was mobile (had it for years!) and has a hard plastic seat so I'm going to upgrade to cushioned this year but I like the adjustability and prefer no back as you don't really lean back doing nails do you. I'd say no castors personally as I find them a pain. I tried a saddle stool but didn't like it, I have trouble with my piriformis anyway and it aggravated that. But you might like to try ?

The height of your client chair is probably the most important thing, mine is a compact leAther tub chair and clients can choose from different cushion options depending on their height/bad backs etc

If you can, take home some samples of flooring and test with acetone. See what happens. I have laminate in my salon and it's acetone resistant. I know you don't do waxing but I thought I'd mention that I actually clean the wax up off my floor with acetone. Work such better than oil or wax cleaner. Floors are perfect four years later.

I have Lino on my floor and as I'm very good at dropping and spilling things it appears to be resistant to everything so far :rolleyes:

In esthetics school, we had laminate and used acetone to clean stuff off it all the time.

Thanks everyone x

Latest posts

Back