Advice for my own nails please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lilypie

Reaction score
Morning everyone. My natural nails have become very weak and the have split very low down. I was wondering what I can do to save them if anything? I'm only qualified in manicures and pedicures so I don't have any skills to be Able to repair them myself.
Would gel overlays save them? I've tried popping a layer of gel polish on the top in the hope it would seal the break but it hasn't worked so think I need something thicker? Thanks all x

Brisa lite smoothing gel, it's like a life jacket for weak nails :biggrin:

Morning everyone. My natural nails have become very weak and the have split very low down. I was wondering what I can do to save them if anything? I'm only qualified in manicures and pedicures so I don't have any skills to be Able to repair them myself.
Would gel overlays save them? I've tried popping a layer of gel polish on the top in the hope it would seal the break but it hasn't worked so think I need something thicker? Thanks all x

Find a salon near you that offers CND Shellac and Brisa Lite.
CND Shellac & Vinylux

With CND there is no buffing of the natural nails prior to application ... And your nails certainly do not need that. With most all other systems they will buff your nails first, which will cause even more weakness.

If you do your own nails, then the products can be found t www.sweetsquared.com. Which is professional only. Or ring to see how to purchase from the site on 08452106060 you will find it the perfect solution.

Great thanks to you both. I have an account with sweet squared but am not trained in brisa so was wary of buying it myself and trying it out.
I'm considering changing to Shellac as I've been using this gel polish but removal is so hard plus I'm having to buff my nails which I'm pretty site is the sole reason my nails are in this mess. I understand that Shellac is gentle for your nails and removal is quick and no buffing involved, is that correct?

Great thanks to you both. I have an account with sweet squared but am not trained in brisa so was wary of buying it myself and trying it out.
I'm considering changing to Shellac as I've been using this gel polish but removal is so hard plus I'm having to buff my nails which I'm pretty site is the sole reason my nails are in this mess. I understand that Shellac is gentle for your nails and removal is quick and no buffing involved, is that correct?

Of course the buffing has made a mess of your nails.

It is Shellac protocols that are gentle and safe for your nails ... no buffing involved at any stage and removal is the quickest of any UV colour coat.

To be eligible to purchase Shellac and the UV Lamp or even the Brisa Lite Smoothing gel, you need only to have a manicure certificate because these products are applied like polish. However, you need to purchase the CND UV Lamp to use with Shellac or you will not get a good performance or full cure. If you think that is a P in the A then just do it anyway ... :biggrin: you don't want to use a product that isn't going to perform because you didn't get the right UV Lamp for the system.

Thanks for replying. I'm saving at the moment to switch to shellac but only willing to do it when I can afford the proper kit, lamp included. I don't see the point in spending all that money on a new system but scrimping on the exact part that makes the product work.
I have found a lady that provides brisa and who can fit me in today so I'm off to see her later.
I will definitely give s2 a call, think it best to discuss worn someone.
Thanks again. I will never buff again.

I think that was me! Splits repaired with a little fiberglass, Brisa Lite Smoothing gel, then the classic Wildfire with Rockstar ring fingers! :)

Sent from my GT-N8010 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yes it was you! They look fab and I'm so pleased with them so thank you very much. Even my husband noticed! You've sold me on shellac!

Latest posts

Back