Advice for nail tech/eyelash tech training in Ireland

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MK.ext

Reaction score
Hi all,

bit of background - have worked for many years as a hair extensionist, mainly out of a family hair salon in Spain. I have been back in Ireland since the Covid and am planning on staying here until early next year when I will return to Spain. I love my job with hair but I have always wanted to upskill to also be qualified in nails and lashes, but usually have just been so busy I didn't have time but now I'm back I'm only working part time from home for the next few months so it's the perfect opportunity.

So here's my question - can anybody recommend nail technician courses (I would like to learn both gel and acrylic systems, as I know from hair it comes necessary to be adaptable) and also eyelash extension courses - in Ireland. it is important to me that they are properly accredited so I can get insurance if I need (either here as self-employed or in the salon in Spain). I have seen ITEC courses in further ed colleges etc, but I honestly just don't have the time to put into 9 months of a full-time college, incase I move back to Spain before Christmas. I am not looking for a quick way out, as I do want proper training to give me the best possible chance if I decide to add these skill to what I can offer, but I would like a intensive course where I can learn this and the health and safety of it of course in the shortest time possible to fit it all in, so that if the salon reopens sooner than imagined I would have it completed.

As I'v been abroad for over 10 years I'm a little unsure of exactly what accreditation I'd need to say work in a salon, I have been reading different threads and seems to be ITEC recommended but if anybody could enlighten me further I would really appreciate it :)

Thanks everyone!

Hi,

You could contact creative academy Ireland. They train a few different brands and they do eyelash courses.

I done the Gelish training with them with them and am going on to do acrylic now. Think the academy is based in Dublin but they have educators all over the country. I trained in Belfast and the training was great and products are great quality.

I found as well when I started out any problem I came across I could still contact them about it and they solved any problem I had. Couldn’t recommend enough,

Good luck with whatever route you take

Thanks, I really appreciate that I'll look into them :)

Hi all,

bit of background - have worked for many years as a hair extensionist, mainly out of a family hair salon in Spain. I have been back in Ireland since the Covid and am planning on staying here until early next year when I will return to Spain. I love my job with hair but I have always wanted to upskill to also be qualified in nails and lashes, but usually have just been so busy I didn't have time but now I'm back I'm only working part time from home for the next few months so it's the perfect opportunity.

So here's my question - can anybody recommend nail technician courses (I would like to learn both gel and acrylic systems, as I know from hair it comes necessary to be adaptable) and also eyelash extension courses - in Ireland. it is important to me that they are properly accredited so I can get insurance if I need (either here as self-employed or in the salon in Spain). I have seen ITEC courses in further ed colleges etc, but I honestly just don't have the time to put into 9 months of a full-time college, incase I move back to Spain before Christmas. I am not looking for a quick way out, as I do want proper training to give me the best possible chance if I decide to add these skill to what I can offer, but I would like a intensive course where I can learn this and the health and safety of it of course in the shortest time possible to fit it all in, so that if the salon reopens sooner than imagined I would have it completed.

As I'v been abroad for over 10 years I'm a little unsure of exactly what accreditation I'd need to say work in a salon, I have been reading different threads and seems to be ITEC recommended but if anybody could enlighten me further I would really appreciate it :)

Thanks everyone!

Hi there, I am an Trainer in Ireland offering Nail/Brow/Eyelash Courses. These are Accredited. Would you like some help? X

Hi all,

Thanks everyone!
We have training courses in Ireland for nails as well as lashes andbrows and the courses are fully accredited. Feel free to get in touch so you can have a chat with the trainer x

Latest posts

Back