Advice for new mum working from home?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Debs82

Reaction score
Hello

New to Salongeek so hope I'm posting in the right place.

I am training at the moment in nails and tanning in order to set up at home and/or going mobile. My baby is due in April.

Can I ask advice on best way to work with a new baby? I plan on breastfeeding too. Would clients mind my baby being here or brought into their homes? Plus not sure when to start after she is born. I worry about being with a client and in the middle of work when she suddenly needs fed.

I am desperate not to go back to work as I am miserable there and want to be spending time raising my daughter instead of putting her in a stupidly expensive nursery and never seeing her! Instead speaking time in a job I hate just to keep a "good wage". I can't afford not to work though.

Comments welcome X

Hello

New to Salongeek so hope I'm posting in the right place.

I am training at the moment in nails and tanning in order to set up at home and/or going mobile. My baby is due in April.

Can I ask advice on best way to work with a new baby? I plan on breastfeeding too. Would clients mind my baby being here or brought into their homes? Plus not sure when to start after she is born. I worry about being with a client and in the middle of work when she suddenly needs fed.

I am desperate not to go back to work as I am miserable there and want to be spending time raising my daughter instead of putting her in a stupidly expensive nursery and never seeing her! Instead speaking time in a job I hate just to keep a "good wage". I can't afford not to work though.

Comments welcome X

Is this your first baby? I don't mean to sound patronising or rude but your not going to be able to carry out good standard treatments mobile with a baby in toe.
People pay for the experience and whilst it is lovely to see any baby the novelty will wear off when treatments are taking twice as long or not at their best because of the environment.
Not to mention that you wouldn't want a baby around spray tan or nail products.
Every one is different I didn't set a time for getting back into the salon I just went back when it felt right, I hope you find a way around it.
Xx

Is this your first baby? I don't mean to sound patronising or rude but your not going to be able to carry out good standard treatments mobile with a baby in toe.
People pay for the experience and whilst it is lovely to see any baby the novelty will wear off when treatments are taking twice as long or not at their best because of the environment.
Not to mention that you wouldn't want a baby around spray tan or nail products.
Every one is different I didn't set a time for getting back into the salon I just went back when it felt right, I hope you find a way around it.
Xx

Thanks for the reply. First time mum! No I don't see it as rude as I'm personally thinking the same thing! As a client myself I'm not sure I would be happy with it either. I certainly don't want to be using the tan products around her. I won't be using acrylics full stop as don't want fumes in my home when she is here.

So really just wanted to know how other mums have managed in the past as I can't be the only self employed mum

Thinking it may just need to be evenings and weekends when my other half is home. I'm assuming that will be the busiest times anyway X

Thanks for the reply. First time mum! No I don't see it as rude as I'm personally thinking the same thing! As a client myself I'm not sure I would be happy with it either. I certainly don't want to be using the tan products around her. I won't be using acrylics full stop as don't want fumes in my home when she is here.

So really just wanted to know how other mums have managed in the past as I can't be the only self employed mum

Thinking it may just need to be evenings and weekends when my other half is home. I'm assuming that will be the busiest times anyway X

I agree evenings are weekends are good times for clients anyway so if that is when dad is home to help with baby then it's better for everyone.

It's so much harder for childcare when they are babies, now that my little boy is at school it is so much easier especially financially. Childcare at the minute is daylight robbery and it almost cost matches minimum wage, even more so if you are self employed it's just not worth it.
Xx

Latest posts

Back