Advice for newbie lash extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Asian_Chic_96

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I need some advice to get faster with time and also this a just a little bit of a rant about the new company I work for. Everyone says my application is spot on and my isolation is decent, could be better. I'm very self critical. I honestly love doing lashes these past couple weeks it's calming work and the time flies by fast. I'm just annoyed by how this business is run. They hire girls with no experience and expect 100% greatness after 2-3 weeks of training.

I just started a new job at Amazing Lash Studio. I'm wondering if anyone here has worked there before? I'm in the Flower Mound, Tx area. Everyone is mostly nice there.. But I didn't realize how hard the management and owners are on you about time. They want you done with everything within 2 hours and have every single natural lash with an extension.

I'm completely new to this. Never done lashes before ever. I just graduated Esthetician school from Aveda 4 months ago. I just got hired at Amazing Lash Studio 2 weeks ago and did 2 weeks training with them and now they put me on the Floor working with actually paying clients.

I just feel discouraged that I'm at 2 hours 15 mins - 2.5 hours and can only get absolute 80-90% finished. And it feels like the company just wants you work back to back clients all day but also wants you to have 100% finished work done in that time span.

I get clients don't want to lay there for more than 2 hours. I just hate that they come in at my last 30 mins with them to tell me to hurry up. Then the Manager and Owner don't really give you any positive praise that the lashes looked great or anything. They just tell you your timing needs to be at 2 hours. Most of the clients I've done, do like the end result of lashes but I'm also with them over the 2 hour time limit by 30 mins max. And the manager said yesterday she's wants me at 2 hours so they can book me back to back or else I'm just wasting my time there.

It's in a way run like a school, they have 3 level of stylists. And they charge extra fees for the Master stylists.

Junior - 2 hours full set
Senior - 1hr 30 mins full set
Master - under 1hr 15 mins full set.

I think I'm going to stay there for 3-6 month and treat it like a school and get as much experience there as I can handle.

Two hours for full set of classics that’s the right time . Consultation, prep , mapping and 98% of coverage.

Latest posts

Back