Advice for returning to work?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

holistix

Reaction score
Hello Ladies

Having been on maternity leave for 5 years I am now returning to work:D

To give you a bit of background I have a home based salon in a village location in rural berkshire. My treatment room has off road parking, separate entrance and it's own 'facilities'. Before I had my boys I worked full time from home doing 80% holistic therapies, 20% beauty treatments...manicures, pedicures, facials, waxing, lash and brow.

As I am now starting back part time (child care!!!) I am wanting to increase the number of beauty treatments I do as I can fit more in. My question is how do you recommend getting clients. I'm not sure how many of my old ones I will still have being out for so long so am assuming I need to start from scratch. When I started up initially I found advertising of very little use so am reluctant to commit my limited budget to this. I have a facebook page with a blog linked to it and I tweet but other than that haven't done any other promotional activity yet.

I am also considering investing in the OPI Gelcolour system as I thought this may bring people in, but am reluctant to do it without an established client base that I know will want it:confused:

I would be really grateful if someone could give me the benefit of their experience on these issues as I'm on a tight timescale to get up and running. My husband has agreed to pay for some childcare for 3 months, but after that it's down to me, so there's no time to waste...

Many thanks in anticipation

Latest posts

Back