Advice for upcoming assessment?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makeupmorris

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am due to sit my Harmony Pro Hesion L&P assessment on 7th June [emoji16] Although I am relatively happy with the sets I have been doing, I cannot help but feel scared to death at the thought of my assessment. I do know the areas where I could use a bit more practise, so I will try and work on these as much as possible. Has anyone got any advice for getting through the assessment and not wanting to cry or give up [emoji23] X

I do know the areas where I could use a bit more practise, so I will try and work on these as much as possible.

So you are already most of the way there! Practice as much as you can.

In the assessment take you time! I know it's hard when you are allocated a set amount of time but rushing can be counterproductive and lead to more time spent filing.

Most assessors will not be hanging over your shoulder watching your every move, they are interested in the final result! So if something does go wrong don't panic and think it's the end of the world, keep calm and put it right! If something went wrong with a Client in real life, and it does, you wouldn't break down and cry, you'd act professional, pretend everything was okay and rectify it.

Good luck xx

This may sound counterintuitive, but try not thinking about it too much. Practice what you can and focus on what you really need to master but remember you have the knowledge otherwise you wouldn't be doing the assessment!

The evening before, have a nice bath, read a book, do some yoga or meditation, whatever relaxes you. Have a cup of valerian tea and get a good night's sleep.

If you go into the assessment fresh you will not feel so stressed. When you are stressed you are more likely to make silly mistakes.

The examiner is not there to trip you up, just pretend it is any normal treatment.

Good luck!

Hi, I had my assessment with Nail Harmony in February and passed so I know how you feel! I was so nervous! Definitely take your time, and arrange all your products so you can see them easily and won't feel flustered trying to find something. Take a model you feel comfortable with if you can.
We were told which nail to do at a time, we started with clear, then pink and white and then the extended nail bed pink and white, I was one of the last to finish each one but felt pretty happy with each one and some of the quicker people didn't pass as their filing was too rushed and unfinished so do take your time to perfect the nail.
Oh! Make sure your files are sharp too, and you've got a brand new green and white buffer as it makes it so much quicker and easier to get that shine!
If one goes completely wrong and you can't salvage it without soaking off, leave it and start again on a fresh nail, my first extended nail bed was awful as that was the one I was most nervous about, so don't be afraid to scrap it and start again!
My assessor was sat at her own table, she didn't hover over us so you won't feel like you're being watched.
Hope this helps!
Lucie x

Thank you all so much! All of your advice has helped lots. I will definitely be taking a model I am comfortable working on (and one who I have worked on lots of times!) It is reassuring to hear that the assessors won't be stood hovering over me whilst I'm working, I would find that quite off putting! Thanks again so much :) X

I qualified with nail harmony last year. Your assessor is your tutor so you should be pretty comfortable with them. They won't hang over you. Here are the nails which I passed with. Tbh don't over stress about it. As long as you follow the steps you will pass, its like your driving test your all tense about it but you actually learn to drive/ do nails through real world practice x

Attachments

• 1464206560980.jpg
    1464206560980.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 17

Latest posts

Back