Advice for using ECO soak off gel, please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keisy

Reaction score
Hello ladies,
I was wondering if someone can help me as im new in nail business.
1. I've started using eco soak off gel, but it's lifting. I prepared nails dehydrated them applied a-s-p primer, then the clear gel (I bought the starter kit ECO SOAK OFF UV NAIL COLOUR STARTER KIT - BEAUTY-SALE.co.uk) and ibd top coat. Unfortunately i couldnt find instructions in english within the kit and im trying to find how it will best work.
I also added lenght to my nails using nail forms with eco soak off, its quite strong and im happy,but the problem is the lifting.
2.What normal uv gel do you recommend, I use IBD, what do you think about it?
Could someone advice me please :rolleyes:

Hi Keisy, are you trained in gel nails, and if so what system did you train with?

When you prep, after pushing back cuticles and removing shine, cleanse the nail plate (I use scrub fresh) and dehydrate. Then apply the base gel, keeping it thin and not touching cuticle or sidewall. Cure for 2 minutes. Then apply your color (after a good mix of course). Each layer should be nice and thin. It usually takes 2 coats with light colours, 3-4 with dark. Cure each coat for 3 minutes. Since the kits don't come with a topcoat I would advise using eco's Universal Soak-off Uv gel topcoat. Cure topcoat for 2 minutes and wipe off tacky layer with acetone or isopropyl alcohol. This is the way I've been doing it and I haven't had any issues. You really do have to make sure each layer is thin and properly cured be cause I made the mistake of applying a dark color on myself too thick once, and I guess because it wasn't properly cure, I had lifting. Also, I don't think this particular line from Star Nails was meant to be used to add length as you would need to go thick to build up the apex. You could use ibd hard gel to do your extension, and Eco for colour coat. Hope that helps.

Latest posts

Back