Advice for womens' safety - please read!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I parked the car on the way to work one morning a few years back and some strange guy with a hoodie and a can of beer walked down the pavement. He stopped to have a wee up against the wall beside my car and after a while I got out and locked the car and walked away. He turned around and grabbed my bag, I clung to it and screamed at him I was NOT going to let it go...... I have only just met Stu and I had his number in my mobile which was in the bag!

He soon run off but it did leave me very shaky, ever since I always carry my phone in my pocket and for a while afterwards I carried a small can of hairspray in the other to give a quick blast in the mush if necessary!

It is a shame that we have to think like this but there are loads of sick people out there and you have to be careful.

god, what kind of a world do we live in?! a friend of mine recently pulled over on her driving lesson so the instructor could talk about things (she had her window down) and some nutter leaned in the car and told her to give him her handbag or else he had a knife and would use it! so she did and the police eventually caight up with him and she got her EMPTY bag back. By the way her instructor was female x

Thanks Sas ~ fab advice even if it has freaked me out!
I read a similar thing in a magazine and they said if you are ever in a situation and need help dont shout help shout FIRE! as this is attracts more attention.
Also advised to carry your key in you hand like another geek posted and if grabbed go for the eyes with keys or nails ~ good idea if you have stilletto shaped talons
KxXx

Yeah Nemo, we had a ladies safety evening in the Ford dealsership I ued to work in. We had a talk from the police and they said that, never shout rape as people are too scared to help, but if you shout fire then they will get involved.

They also said that if you get flagged down by a police car only stop if you can see two rear view mirrors as only police cars have these (good way to tell if you are being followed by an unmarked cop car when you are speeding too!!:wink2: ). If it doesn't then don't stop and drive to the nearest police station. they said that you get gangs that go out in 2 cars, the first one flags you down and parks in front of you and then the second parks behind you so you can't drive off.

I hope that none of this info has scared anyone, it's just to help us to become street wise. Hopefully none of us will never have to put it into practice.

I hope that none of this info has scared anyone, it's just to help us to become street wise. Hopefully none of us will never have to put it into practice.
no this is fantastic advice, thanks sassy.xxx

Good post.

I have a tip that I make my daughter do.
If she gets a cab I tell her to put in the number plate on her mobile before getting in and to send it to me. If she encountered any trouble I could pass the info to the cops straight away.

Latest posts

Back