Advice, help and tips please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leanned85

Reaction score
Hello, i have only just qualified and currently mobile but today i have been offered a room in a local tanning shop. I am soooo scared and excited :lol: I would like any advice from people who have done this and also the boss needs me to sort out posters stating that they are now doing nails, but i cant think of the right words to put it on a poster, i have called myself hands and feet boutique, do i put that on a poster???

Also i will need to inform insurance wont i??

Hello, i have only just qualified and currently mobile but today i have been offered a room in a local tanning shop. I am soooo scared and excited :lol: I would like any advice from people who have done this and also the boss needs me to sort out posters stating that they are now doing nails, but i cant think of the right words to put it on a poster, i have called myself hands and feet boutique, do i put that on a poster???

Also i will need to inform insurance wont i??

Anyone??

Firstly.....good for you
Go for it!!!
Remember it may take a while for you to build a client base and get "the word out" that you are there so dont expect to be mega busy straight away.

I used to have sunbeds in my salon and the two work perfectly together.
Lots of walk in business for you...lots of marketing and promotions you can do.

I wouldnt concern yourself too much with the business name...people will want to know what you do...see pictures(before and after are FAB)...rather than your name.A business name means nothing really...in their eyes they have their nails done in the "sunbed shop"..if you follow me

Posters are easy and great to do.You can make them yourself on microsoft publisher and then get them blown up(i have a good company i use for mine if you want the information)...remember the bigger and bolder the better...and nails is all about visual....so think a big fat picture of some lush gorgeous nails and some bold lettering....less is more.

Get your treatment /price list IN the actual tanning/changing room cubicles...ask the manager if you can stick up a A4 poster on the INSIDE of the changing room door...the ladies will read it while changing....

Do the staff nails...for free....so they can show them off....

Offer "A" free nail to their clients....or a free hand and arm massage...

Get yourself a nice little A-BOARD for the street outside...

Make it really obvious....where ever you turn in the salon that you are there.

As for insurance ,have you checked that the salon include this in their insurance as they can add you on...alternatively if you are a sole trader then you SHOULD be covered whereever you work but best to check.

Hope i helped...go for it...i am sure you will do really well

Firstly.....good for you
Go for it!!!
Remember it may take a while for you to build a client base and get "the word out" that you are there so dont expect to be mega busy straight away.

I used to have sunbeds in my salon and the two work perfectly together.
Lots of walk in business for you...lots of marketing and promotions you can do.

I wouldnt concern yourself too much with the business name...people will want to know what you do...see pictures(before and after are FAB)...rather than your name.A business name means nothing really...in their eyes they have their nails done in the "sunbed shop"..if you follow me

Posters are easy and great to do.You can make them yourself on microsoft publisher and then get them blown up(i have a good company i use for mine if you want the information)...remember the bigger and bolder the better...and nails is all about visual....so think a big fat picture of some lush gorgeous nails and some bold lettering....less is more.

Get your treatment /price list IN the actual tanning/changing room cubicles...ask the manager if you can stick up a A4 poster on the INSIDE of the changing room door...the ladies will read it while changing....

Do the staff nails...for free....so they can show them off....

Offer "A" free nail to their clients....or a free hand and arm massage...

Get yourself a nice little A-BOARD for the street outside...

Make it really obvious....where ever you turn in the salon that you are there.

As for insurance ,have you checked that the salon include this in their insurance as they can add you on...alternatively if you are a sole trader then you SHOULD be covered whereever you work but best to check.

Hope i helped...go for it...i am sure you will do really well

Thanks very much, i hope so :lol: Also i need to work out a percentage to give the salon for every customer (my heads hurting) x

definitely a % will work out better for you.
DON'T do £x a day.
I would say 30% to them....
They/you have to consider when working out the % split if they have had a nail technician before(because the risk is if they have that was she any good???has the salon now got a reputation for bad nails that YOU have to rebuild)and is there anyone else there offering nails(like a beauty therapist) and what is the local competition like....take all these factors into account and dont let anyone "mug" you off xx

Latest posts

Back