Advice - home nail kits

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thomas23

Reaction score
hello not sure if this is the right place to ask this but here it is anyway.
my girlfriend would like a rio uv nails kit for her birthday but i have seen some posts that basically say stay away from home kits can anyone recommend a good home kit there must be at least one good one out there????

its not always the kit mate, its the fact that an untrained person is using it. you can cause a lot of damage to yours and your friends nails by using professional products the wrong way. why not treat her to a nice set from a professional salon? x

its not always the kit mate, its the fact that an untrained person is using it. you can cause a lot of damage to yours and your friends nails by using professional products the wrong way. why not treat her to a nice set from a professional salon? x

Have to agree there hun i myself made the mistake about 4 years ago getting one and boy oh boy did i ruin my nails:mad:

Get her a nice set done by a professional:green:

how about treating her to a proper course.....she will get professional training and a kit! (Thats if your budget is feeling generous lol)

I have been doing gel nails on myself anf I would not recommend it if it is just for herself. It is pretty expensive to get a hold of a good set and I think gel is hard to master and get nice if you don't have the training.

I would send her to a short and ''cheap'' course. Like a dipp in that is more meant as a home or a cheap and quick system.

I have just been to a backscratchers course with their Extreme dip in and is is really easy and look really nice if you use some other tips like f.eks. CND performance tips. Courses are generally more expensive in Denmark and i paid £70 for a kit and traing, so that is not much.

I could have done it without the course, but I have had training in all the basics and I guess your girlfriend doesn't, so it is very important with traing. She will learn about the natural nail, file technics, how to fit a tip properly, how to handle the product properly and aftercare.

hope this helps a bit

i would either get her a set done by a professional , or pay for her to go on a course :green:
has she got a big interest in nails ?? if so i am sure a course would ake her very happy !!
but if its just she wants nails done so they look nice then go to a salon

hth x

GGGGGGGRRRrRRRRRRIO!!!!
I had a phone call today from a lady who has used 'stick-on's for many years. She has just purchased a Rio home kit and 'done' her own nails. She said they look awful!
She said u can see the bits of white on her nails. They aren't thin enough. The products aren't good etc, etc.
She informed me she trained in nails years ago, so she knows what she's doing. It's all the product.

She went onto to ask what I could do. I asked her to bring the kit in with her when she come's in. I said I would need to look at the system to see how to get it off. She informed me that it was a soak of 'cuz it was gel.' I said I would still like to see the kit please. I also explained to her that I would need to see how her nails were underneath. Check damage etc. before we could decide what to do.
She then went on to 'inform' me how to sculpt, that she liked them really pink so you couldn't see the marks on her nails. I said the marks were probably damage from stick on's and we would be able to decide what to do on Friday.

Lets just say I'm not really looking forwards to this one!!

My question is........sorry it took so long!!! ...does anyone know how to remove rio systems? Is there a Gel or L&P? HELP!!

Thanks Gang!!!xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

i had a rio kit years ago before i trained and im sure there was an instructions ;eaflet in it which told you how to remove and something makes me think it was a soak off gel but i cant swear on that.
Rio UV Nails - strong, beautiful nails which last. try this link.xx

Advice.
Home nail kits.
Don't buy one.
hth x

Dont waste your money mate, my fella did the same, bought me the rio kit thinking he was doing me a big favour (bless him) it is rubbish, the nails lasted all of 6 hrs,
granted i was not trained then so that wont have helped but i have been trained for quite a while now and know about products and what makes for a long lasting nail, believe me rio does not,
either get her a nice salon gift voucher or if she has the nail bug treat her to the best training money can buy, Creative nail design 0845 210 6060
she will get the whole kit with the training hth :hug:

I think your question has been answered but just wanted to add my "don't do it" to the thread. "DIY" nails are never a good idea unless you are trained and using professional products.

Advice.
Home nail kits.
Don't buy one.
hth x

This is what I will be telling the client when she arrives with her 'bulky' nails on friday. I'm not looking forwards to it!!!

Really found it hard as she was telling me she's had training etc.....couldn't help saying how much I've spent so far on training................inside was thinking,,,,,,,,,,,and you're coming to me because of a cock-up you've made......................mmmmmmmmmmmmm nuff said me thinks!

Latest posts

Back