advice if you can..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlegrohl

Reaction score
hi geeks..
Just caught myself thinking and thought i would ask for some direction...

I just finished a conversion and am currently practising my sculpting using my new products.. L&P retention+ ..Im really enjoying the process, building my skills and having a good old play around..
.. I am now thinking of doing a brisa conversion as summer is near and i want to offer Gel toes as they are pretty popular compared to L&P toes..

Thing is.. my head is so full of Zones.. forms.. ratios (again) smile lines.. blah blah blah.. I am no where near confident enough in my sculpting skills.. would it be information overload to go ahead and book the brisa 1-2-1??
Seriously as i go off to sleep im seeing perfect smiles and zone 3's.. apex's to die for.. :).. should i remain focused on that for now?

I can use Gel.. perhaps i should buy a different Gel and do the enhancements the way i know until i have at least gotten better at sculpting..:green:

I think you have answered your own question hun. If I were you, I would do Summer Toes with L&P until you felt you were ready to take on another system. Although I love Brisa for toes, L&P is also great on toes. Try it out and then make your decision.

I know that when I first started out in the nail industry, I was so impatient that I tried to do too much too soon. If I were to do it again, I'd probably take it a lot slower and enjoy the learning experience rather than put enormous pressure on myself to learn it all so quickly.

My advice, is to take the brisa 1-2-1 if it will boost your confidence. Its so much easier to use on toes, due to the only way of it going off it to cure it under the light giving you much more time to play with it and get it perfecto! (i never use L&P on toes anymore now i have brisa, whats the point?) The brisa is quite sticky and thick in comparison to other gels, which in my opinion makes it easier to use! Also, by practising to do your smiles in the gel is a good way to ease you in to L & P smiles, which are a tad more challenging due to the fast set times...afterall...thats why us fellow techs use creative....because when timing is crucial, fast set times are important!! Good luck and keep up the good work....practice makes perfect and youll get there in the end! C xxxxx

I havent done a brisa class as yet..but did buy the kit. When i asked about a brisa class, none were currently available..only with the grand masters. It is 6 months down the track though, and maybe things have changed with our distributor for the better..i sure do need a class!:lol:
If you only want to do toes then you dont have to worry about apexes etc..basically its like doing a french polish..with of course thorough prep.
I prefer gel on toes as opposed to l&p as it blends off so quickly..and i can get them nice and thin.
Its all personal choice,though.

I did my Foundation course in the summer then followed that by Fabric# and Brisa at Christmas time. It wasnt really info overload for me, I did alot or practicing, like I'd have 1 night for L&P 1 for Brisa and so on.
Gel toes are a great add on treatment, almost all my clients have them on at the mo, theyve seen mine and have loved em!

I'd do a conversion course if I were you. Its a totally different application method to L&P, but if you put the time in practicing then I dont think it should be a problem!

Good luck hun xxx

I think you should have the conversion course, and not worry about info overload at all!
Brisa toes are easy to do and look great. And now, with the coloured line coming out, everybody is going to want them! Enjoy it, hun!

The gel i trained with in my cert II was/is a very thin gel.. it has a tendancy to run into the sidewalls..
my thoughts are A) i get the brisa pack and have a go.. more then likely causing problems down the track when i get into a course.. or
B) buying a cheaper Gel like IBD and using that this summer.. as I have used it before and can work pretty well with it..

I have l&p on my toes.. i actually prefer it myself.. but i have had a few girls ask about gel toes.. and the colours are great..
I do think i answered my own question actually.. I really want to get better at sculpting.. I spent a pissload learning how to.. at the same time i am pretty versatile, so i doubt id have a problem..

Thanks for the advice girls.. much appreciated:hug:

It's been a while since I've bought IBD but I didn't think there was that much of a price difference.
If it's only for gel toes I'd just get the Brisa. Don't get the full kit. I'd just get the pink, paint on white, paint on soft white and finishing gloss and of course the lamp.

Latest posts

Back