Advice need for arylic application

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fab Freak

Reaction score
okay this will be a lengthy thread...when I was trained in nail extensions we use a 'dual tool' to remove excesive cutlicle from the nail plate around nailwalls etc...and then remove any grease from nail plate using our cleansing spray on a nail wipe....however now doing OPI at college we do all the same prep but we use a antiseptic and then a plastic hoof stick to do the same job.... However after doing this the arylic is lifting around the sidewall and cuticle area, :eek: I dont think the application is too thick so I am assuming its cuticle left on the nail plate... :o

What do you gals think the problem is :?:

If you are not using any form of AHA to soften the cuticle skin then a rubber hoof stick will really do nothing.

I use Cuticle Remover, wait a bit then push back with a metal cuticle pusher, I then go round with a curette - looks a bit like a minute melon baller LOL - the cuticle remover is washed off. You will be amazed at the amount of stuff that comes off.

HTH

Hi Lou,
Think those rubber-ended hoof sticks are only really any good for manicures ... you definately need a tool like the one Fiona is talking about.

Fiona,
Where did you buy your tool for this?
Thanks
Louise :)

The curette tool I got from TR Imports a long time ago - TR are called something else now but I can't remember what - I think Designer Nails also do curettes - the one I have is slightly different but I am sure they would do the same job.

One thing to remember when doing OPI prep is that it is a VERY lengthy prep using lots of different products.

One cause of lifting, that is not often talked about, is when product is applied to a nail that is not completely DRY. All the different prep products can collect around the side wallls and cuticle and you may be applying to nails that are not completely dry!! Consider this point and make sure that this is not your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back