advice need from a beautician

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fab Freak

Reaction score
....can any of you girls help me...I have got this stupid tiny pimple which never turns into a full on spot it just sits there looking at me every day :sad:

I have tried every face mask under the sun as I am guessing its a blocked pore...any ideas on how to shift this blighter.... :eek:

Fab Freak said:
....can any of you girls help me...I have got this stupid tiny pimple which never turns into a full on spot it just sits there looking at me every day :sad:

I have tried every face mask under the sun as I am guessing its a blocked pore...any ideas on how to shift this blighter.... :eek:

The first thing my girls reach for in this situation is Scrub Fresh, works a treat!

Quite a few people I know swear by sudocream (yes, that is babies' bottom cream!). It brings it out and gets rid of them really quickly.

Is it actually a pimple or is it something just under the skin. Cd it be a milia? If so, it probably needs someone who knows what they are doing to remove it for you.

I have had it months and months some times it gets bigger yuck...now its smaller...(cant afford to go 2 a thearpist right now boohoo) - dont fancy the scrub fresh idea.. great for nails I know but not for my facial regime

hi where abouts on your face is it ? , coz if it always just sits there it sounds like a milia to me , it isnt anything bad so dont worry ,but people with sensitive skin tend to get them , mostley around the eyes, let us know if i am totally wrong here!! ,

dee said:
hi where abouts on your face is it ? , coz if it always just sits there it sounds like a milia to me , it isnt anything bad so dont worry ,but people with sensitive skin tend to get them , mostley around the eyes, let us know if i am totally wrong here!! ,

I dont know what a milia is...this thing never comes up with a white head (yuck) but is does get hard like a spot can...does that make sense?

oh it aint a milia then , they are the tiny little whiteheads you can get around your eyes mostly, and they feel rock hard , i would put some tea tree oil on, and also the johnson clean and clear cleansing lotion is fab the one for sensitive skin, my skin went all potty when i started a new pill and this reaaly helps ,(sorry about the too much info lol :o ) try it and let us know if anything works , love dee

Dee
I have had these tiny white things around my eyes for ages and they don't go away - just wondering how to get rid? xxx

hi u should go to a salon and they will do it for you , i was taught you have to prick them with a sterile needle and squeeze it out , but it is a bit dodgy so i would just leave it coz they dont do any harm, if you are gonna have it done though i would go to someone who has had electrolosis training as they will be a bit more used to sticking needles in people than your average beatuy therapist , i know i wouldnt want to do it on a client in case i scarred them !! hope this helps

That's great - thanks for your help! xxx

Louise.....have you tied steaming your face and then gently easing any waste product out......(god that sounds bad!! but you get what i mean!)
What face masks have you tried? clay based are pretty good at withdrawing impurities........there is a clay that is particularly good for spots......and drawing those annoying ones to the surface and for the life of me i can't remember what it is called.........
I don't know if you have ever head of a product called TEnd skin......but it is pretty fab for spots.......its also used to prevent things like razor burns and ingrown hairs

diesel1978 said:
Louise.....have you tied steaming your face and then gently easing any waste product out......(god that sounds bad!! but you get what i mean!)
What face masks have you tried? clay based are pretty good at withdrawing impurities........there is a clay that is particularly good for spots......and drawing those annoying ones to the surface and for the life of me i can't remember what it is called.........
I don't know if you have ever head of a product called TEnd skin......but it is pretty fab for spots.......its also used to prevent things like razor burns and ingrown hairs

Hiya _ have tried Simple's clay mask, Clinques Clay mask, Superdrugs Tea Tree Mask, and none have brought it out...dont think its a whitehead, as it never ever goes white just pink..very puzzling

Hi Louise

Can you take a close up photograph?
It may make our job easier in establishing what it is.
I would suggest that if it's not inflamed then regular exfoliation will help, up to 3 times per week, less often if you have sensitive skin.
Do you have just one of these an where about on the face is it?
Hope I can help you further and I will recommend aromatherapy oils if you answer the above and hopefully post a photo.

janeburrows said:
Hi Louise

Can you take a close up photograph?
It may make our job easier in establishing what it is.
I would suggest that if it's not inflamed then regular exfoliation will help, up to 3 times per week, less often if you have sensitive skin.
Do you have just one of these an where about on the face is it?
Hope I can help you further and I will recommend aromatherapy oils if you answer the above and hopefully post a photo.

Just the one left of my mouth...sorry cant post a photography :!:
Going to try Dee's suggestion as I already exfoliate 2-3 times per week..thanks.

It definitely sounds like a milia which needs to have the skin over the top broken then squeezed out gently, most reputable beauticians should be able to do that for you

i agree. it sounds like milia.
this has already been said but a beauty therapist would do it for you no problem.what they will do is get a sterile needle as previously said and gently score a cross over the skin (only on the 'spot') and gently squeeze it out. i wouldnt do anything yourself cos it can scar if not done properly.

Latest posts

Back