Advice needed for a customer complaint

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lydia evans

Reaction score
Hello, I am need of some professional advice with a recent customer making a complaint.

We had a therapist hold treatments at a venue we regularly attend and she followed everything correctly.

The venue contacted me to see if there were issues with the heating & hot water as the therapist would of known this and she hoped it didn’t effect the treatments. (This had come through as a complaint to her company from this customer )which she was investigating. Everything was fine and then two days later I received a complaint that the treatment was cut 5 minutes short. I sort of wasn’t shocked to see this as the client was a pain from the beginning at booking cancelling and then rebooking (only reason why rebooked was because deposit wasn’t refundable) so I emailed back to say that I was sorry and that I was aware there had been issues with water etc but this could have been dealt with at the venue and I would investigate.

Get an email back that I was rude and that she will now put a file through for customer confidentiality breach?? I work at this venue regularly with therapists in my company we have to liase and there was no breach.

I continue my investigation get a statement from the therapist who confirms she arrived 30 minutes prior treatments started ten minutes earlier than planned, she continued until correct finishing time, the venue check car park cctv which confirms this. I get back to the client with final investigation outcome that everything has been followed correctly and this woman starts sending blackmails to me that if I don’t pay her a full refund she will destroy my reputation on social media, she will pursue with client confidentiality breach.

Can anyone give me some information and help on where I stand with this, the lady also sent me a photo of therapist from her social media that she took (therapist didn’t consent to photo or this photo being used on social media)

We have followed everything correctly, the therapist is highly qualified and amazing at what she does and I will stand behind her 100% as I know that she wouldn’t cut a treatment short.

The customer is sending email after email changing story, I feel that she has overspent before Christmas and is trying to get some money back and it’s so unfair that she is attacking my business to do this.

Thanks

Take screen shots and save all the messages and emails from this client.
In this case, it might be worth contacting your solicitor and pay them to send her a cease and desist letter for harassment.

Thank you that’s really helpful. I have sent her a closed message with what action I have taken and investigation findings and she is still continuing. She has said that the therapist shortcut her 5 minutes treatment time and that if I don’t give her and partner a full refund she will write all over my social media! Just cannot believe some people we have car park cctv supplied by owner with timings that she entered and left and this was also including 30 minutes set up time! If she does add any false information on a bad review I will definitely be screen shotting and taking further. I have investigated it fully and her information she has put forward has been proven incorrect. I think I have just been unlucky to get a customer like her x

If you leave her to give you a bad review on your social media like Facebook you can respond to her then block her from your business page people will know she is just complaining to try and get something for nothing.

Hello, I am need of some professional advice with a recent customer making a complaint.

We had a therapist hold treatments at a venue we regularly attend and she followed everything correctly.

The venue contacted me to see if there were issues with the heating & hot water as the therapist would of known this and she hoped it didn’t effect the treatments. (This had come through as a complaint to her company from this customer )which she was investigating. Everything was fine and then two days later I received a complaint that the treatment was cut 5 minutes short. I sort of wasn’t shocked to see this as the client was a pain from the beginning at booking cancelling and then rebooking (only reason why rebooked was because deposit wasn’t refundable) so I emailed back to say that I was sorry and that I was aware there had been issues with water etc but this could have been dealt with at the venue and I would investigate.

Get an email back that I was rude and that she will now put a file through for customer confidentiality breach?? I work at this venue regularly with therapists in my company we have to liase and there was no breach.

I continue my investigation get a statement from the therapist who confirms she arrived 30 minutes prior treatments started ten minutes earlier than planned, she continued until correct finishing time, the venue check car park cctv which confirms this. I get back to the client with final investigation outcome that everything has been followed correctly and this woman starts sending blackmails to me that if I don’t pay her a full refund she will destroy my reputation on social media, she will pursue with client confidentiality breach.

Can anyone give me some information and help on where I stand with this, the lady also sent me a photo of therapist from her social media that she took (therapist didn’t consent to photo or this photo being used on social media)

We have followed everything correctly, the therapist is highly qualified and amazing at what she does and I will stand behind her 100% as I know that she wouldn’t cut a treatment short.

The customer is sending email after email changing story, I feel that she has overspent before Christmas and is trying to get some money back and it’s so unfair that she is attacking my business to do this.

Thanks

Hold up

This person is complaint about the heat of water in the 30mins they attended the venue..?

Did they speak to someone when it was not perfect and did they fix her issue. If not did they say sorry about that. That’s it that’s the end of it.

If she calls again ‘i understand that you must be going through a tough time at the moment to be complaining about water, and 5 minutes on a treatment that is x minutes long, inclusive of every minute you spend in the room, however some people in the world have no water.
Please refrain from calling back as this harassment is unacceptable. You had a problem, we apologised. The end. You seem to be mistaken but I can assure you, I will not be providing you with further services, nor taking your calls and entertaining you because this isn’t going anywhere. Should you contact us again regarding this non issue, I will be forced to contact the police. Which I would rather not do. Because this is harassment and I am concerned for the safety of my staff. BOOM.

Also, don’t block her it just aggravates them and makes them spout stuff had it before. If she wrote that on social media she was cut short by 5 mins and the water temp she will look totally Karen.

If you leave her to give you a bad review on your social media like Facebook you can respond to her then block her from your business page people will know she is just complaining to try and get something for nothing.

Hold up

This person is complaint about the heat of water in the 30mins they attended the venue..?

Did they speak to someone when it was not perfect and did they fix her issue. If not did they say sorry about that. That’s it that’s the end of it.

If she calls again ‘i understand that you must be going through a tough time at the moment to be complaining about water, and 5 minutes on a treatment that is x minutes long, inclusive of every minute you spend in the room, however some people in the world have no water.
Please refrain from calling back as this harassment is unacceptable. You had a problem, we apologised. The end. You seem to be mistaken but I can assure you, I will not be providing you with further services, nor taking your calls and entertaining you because this isn’t going anywhere. Should you contact us again regarding this non issue, I will be forced to contact the police. Which I would rather not do. Because this is harassment and I am concerned for the safety of my staff. BOOM.

Also, don’t block her it just aggravates them and makes them spout stuff had it before. If she wrote that on social media she was cut short by 5 mins and the water temp she will look totally Karen.

Just so you both know the OP has been absent from the site since December last year.

Meantime @House Beauty, my name is Karen 😜

Must admit, I hate all this ‘Karen’ nonsense.

Is there an equivalent for men?

Thought not. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back