Advice needed for training please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrsH

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have been doing my own nails for a while now, and even moved onto practicing on my best friend and it's going really well.

However, I have been waiting for our local college to start their next 2 Day Nail Technology Course. It was due to start in March, then in April, and now goodness knows when as they need 16 students for it to go ahead and so far they have 2 (including me LOL).

So, could anyone help me in telling me what Qualifications I need to start with. I am a total novice (ie no qualifications in nails at all) but so much enjoy Nails that I am thinking on the lines of getting qualified so I can go mobile in my area and hopefully make a few £ as well.

Where did others train??? I see some 2 day courses for £400 + vat.....but is 2 day courses enough to get a qualification and it seems an awful lot for such a short time training.

Am I better to go for a college course or a course offered by local Beauty salons...?
Do colleges or salons teach you Acrylic, Gel, Silk etc all in one go or do you have to attend seperate courses......its all very confusing.

Hope someone can set me off in the right direction:D

Personally I don't think that two days is anywhere near enough to cover everything .
I have done all my training with CND and can't rate them highly enough , they are amazing .The CND product range is also brilliant and a dream to work with .
Information on their education program can be found here Global Education Programme

I have only trained with CND so I cannot comment on other providers .

Thanks for that.

Would love to Train with CND but theres nothing near me :sad:

Just spoken to Sally's about their courses and they tell me they run 2, one is accredited by ABT and one is Accredited by Guild of Beauty Therapist ?????????

Is there one I should be aiming for...for insurance purposes ?????

there is cnd training all over hun have you contacted sweet squared to find out??they really are the best hun and you would save yourself so much time in the long run xx

:sad: Yeah, nothing around Doncaster at all...Leeds is about closest and a complete nightmare to get to :(

Where abouts are you? I will be able to point you in the right direction!! You really need to start how you mean to go on, so train with the best from the start it will save you alot of money in the long term x x

I'm just outside Doncaster in a little village called Tickhill:D

Hi theres a really good training company in doncaster called red10 x

Actually once you get on M62 Leeds s2 is easy to get to lol in fact too easy to get to rofl

Hi there,

I have been doing my own nails for a while now, and even moved onto practicing on my best friend and it's going really well.

However, I have been waiting for our local college to start their next 2 Day Nail Technology Course. It was due to start in March, then in April, and now goodness knows when as they need 16 students for it to go ahead and so far they have 2 (including me LOL).

So, could anyone help me in telling me what Qualifications I need to start with. I am a total novice (ie no qualifications in nails at all) but so much enjoy Nails that I am thinking on the lines of getting qualified so I can go mobile in my area and hopefully make a few £ as well.

Where did others train??? I see some 2 day courses for £400 + vat.....but is 2 day courses enough to get a qualification and it seems an awful lot for such a short time training.

Am I better to go for a college course or a course offered by local Beauty salons...?
Do colleges or salons teach you Acrylic, Gel, Silk etc all in one go or do you have to attend seperate courses......its all very confusing.

Hope someone can set me off in the right direction:D

i trained with young nails "the reverse application process" so much more easier, more precise, sharper smile lines. its the in way now.

Video Tutorials - Young Nails - Throughout England and the UK

above is there website, with a whole load of step by step video tutorials to learn from. if u like it.

young nails do a full course of 3 months. for approx 540 + vat but that inc the starter kit too.

i was shocked how i learnt so fast. and the finish products i had been doing were standard of someone that had been to college for 2 years plus.

so i disagree with some comments. as its all down to acadamy u learn with. i agree its alot of money they also let u pay it bit by bit, so long as its paid for upon completion. :biggrin:

hope this helps. x

Do not Traain with Sallys. Im not sure where your from but im from portsmouth! and i did my course with sallys and it was awfull.yes they are accredited by the guilds etc but not only was the course shoddy the trainer just basically red through a manual and when she wasnt she was on her mobile or ipad. then the certificate was a joke spelt wrong no mention of a qualification. at all. the training providers were A.S.P defietly arnt worth spending any amount of momey on! xx

:lol: thanks for all your help xxx

Please don't waste your money on a 2 day course :( its nowhere near enough time to learn. I did this and was upset, disappointed and angry I'd wasted my time and money. I came out of the course knowing not much more than I did when I started! Ended up goin to CND and they were fab :)

Hello.. I've been looking into the same kind of thing although I have a manicure qualification already!
You will have to do a manicure qualification first then it's better to do acrylic then go on to do gel enhancements etc as acrylic is more difficult! I know colleges usually have courses -the one near me does one that is a year long and teaches you all the different nail systems.. about £800/£900 and you get a kit!
I have gone with a local beauty salon to do my acrylic course as she has won many business awards for her Nail salon so know she will be good, it's 4 days and 500quid and a kit.. So excited! Would of definitely loved to of trained with CND but it's pricey!

Hi theres a really good training company in doncaster called red10 x

I trained with red10 they are fabulous there distributors and educators for Nail Harmony! Jo and the team are amazing, cant recommend them and nail harmony enough!! its not cheap but it depends how much you value your training, i did my course with them over 5 months and paid monthly for it, so it worked out for me.

I personally don't think 2 days is enough so much information is crammed in that i personally think its impossible to digest it all and be confident.

Latest posts

Back