advice needed from pro waxers!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bert666

Reaction score
hi guys,
I have a really quick question for all you pro waxers out there! I am a natural blonde (well, with a little helping hand!) and every now and again I fancy getting my legs and under arms waxed.The problem is that the hair just grows straight back again as if it's been shaved!
I've tried different salons so it's not as if this was just from one rogue therapist! Does anyone know why this happens and more importantly how I can go and be properly waxed once and for all!!! :lol:

One reason could be that the hair is being broken off rather than pulled out of the root. However, this seem inlikely if this happens with every therapist. My advice to you would be to have your underarms waxed and DO NOTHING in between appointments. No shaving, tweezing, hair removal creams nothing. Make sure you go every 3/4 weeks and you'll find that the hair will start to weaken and you should get a cleaner finish.

Can you let us know how it goes? xxx

Are they smooth directly after you have them done or is there some very very short very blonde stubble left and is this on both your under arms and legs or just legs.

If you leave quite a long time between waxes do you shave or use a depilation cream cream?

If so, because hairs grow at different rates it could be that the new hair you are feeling was simply not long enough to be removed by the wax at the time so it will feel as though it has grown back quickly, although it's not necessarily the case.

no, I think it's as the brow queen suggests and that they are actually being broken off as opposed to being ripped out! I'm goi g to try and do as most of you suggest now and just try leaving it inbetween waxes (even if I do start looking like a yeti!) to see if that helps!!
thanks for your suggestions guys and I'll keep you posted (bet you can't wait!!!!)

Latest posts

Back