Advice needed hair after pre bonded extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicolemathew

Reaction score
I’ve been having foils for a few years now, I’m going to attach some pictures in which you can see my hair. I personally can see a massive diffeeence in the condition and the length of my hair. After having my hair coloured in June I had pre bonded extensions put in for length. I then had them out in October just before having my hair coloured again. In the October picture you can see the difference in my hair. (I did have a change of colour) but the ends look so wispy. I don’t know if this is the extensions done this or colouring etc. But currently my hair is sitting on my shoulders as I’ve had to get it cut to make it look and feel healthier. I currently have more extensions in and dreading to see my hair when they’re out. Does anyone have any advice
C823F2B1-7043-4B96-94FA-ADDB73C4BF53.jpeg
9DF86943-6130-4208-BA98-1607A19201AE.jpeg
FC48E0BB-CD58-4528-9296-E9873499C06F.jpeg

Its probably down to both. More likely extensions though as your hair doesnt look over processed however there is always minute breakage with foil as its impossible to not overlap the product places, however this usually goes unnoticed. So extensions is the main culprit, yet having heavily foiled hair doesnt help.

As a side note if you havent been getting regular trims because you've had extensions in then this can contribute to sparse looking ends.

Hope that helps.

Its probably down to both. More likely extensions though as your hair doesnt look over processed however there is always minute breakage with foil as its impossible to not overlap the product places, however this usually goes unnoticed. So extensions is the main culprit, yet having heavily foiled hair doesnt help.

As a side note if you havent been getting regular trims because you've had extensions in then this can contribute to sparse looking ends.

Hope that helps.

Thank you, I think I’m going to lay off the extensions and get regular trims as my hair is so fine so I think it needs it as with my extensions it’s not getting cut for about 4 months! Thank you for your advice

Thank you, I think I’m going to lay off the extensions and get regular trims as my hair is so fine so I think it needs it as with my extensions it’s not getting cut for about 4 months! Thank you for your advice
Ah yes thats definitely a contributing factor! Hair should be cut every 6-8 weeks really, you could always get trims when having a refit which is why its always good to have an extension tech who's also a qualified hairdresser.

See how it improves with having the extensions out. You're welcome and good luck! Let us know how you get on.

Latest posts

Back