??advice needed on creative acrylic

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jora

Reaction score
I am having problems with a few acrylic clients. There extensions seem to be falling apart. I've not had problems like this. And it's on more than one client. I'm worried I've done something wrong. I live in Ohio and it has been very cold for weeks. Do I need to have clients soak off extensions every so often? That was a suggestion someone made, not sure though?
I also read tutorial on prep. what if that is my problem, should i soak off and start over? I'm worried.
:| Holly

Jora said:
I am having problems with a few acrylic clients. There extensions seem to be falling apart. I've not had problems like this. And it's on more than one client. I'm worried I've done something wrong. I live in Ohio and it has been very cold for weeks. Do I need to have clients soak off extensions every so often? That was a suggestion someone made, not sure though?
I also read tutorial on prep. what if that is my problem, should i soak off and start over? I'm worried.
:| Holly
Hi Babe,
When you say falling appart, do you mean lifting off the nail plate???
Cracking or crumbling............

If you give us a step by step we might be able to help you .........
As for soaking off enhancements, I only soak if I really need to..........
Tips broken and the like ...........
But we will try to help you xxxxxxxx

Nailsinlondon1 said:
Hi Babe,
When you say falling appart, do you mean lifting off the nail plate???
Cracking or crumbling............

If you give us a step by step we might be able to help you .........
As for soaking off enhancements, I only soak if I really need to..........
Tips broken and the like ...........
But we will try to help you xxxxxxxx

Let's see. The nails just seem to easily pop off. (1 or 2) I've also had free edge separtation and some with bacteria/greenies. So step by step for fills. remove polish, remove cuticle w/ creative cuticle remover push back cuticle with pusher, wipe with water,file length and shape, file top of enhancement with 100 grit file, remove shine from natural nail with 180g file, scrubfresh let dry, no lift primer and then acrylic. hope I have not left anything out.
At this point my fills(which usually take only an hour are taking way longer because of all repairs.) Also this is happening on about 4 to 5people. Thanks for the quick response.
Holly

Jora said:
Let's see. The nails just seem to easily pop off. (1 or 2) I've also had free edge separtation and some with bacteria/greenies. So step by step for fills. remove polish, remove cuticle w/ creative cuticle remover push back cuticle with pusher, wipe with water,file length and shape, file top of enhancement with 100 grit file, remove shine from natural nail with 180g file, scrubfresh let dry, no lift primer and then acrylic. hope I have not left anything out.
At this point my fills(which usually take only an hour are taking way longer because of all repairs.) Also this is happening on about 4 to 5people. Thanks for the quick response.
Holly

When doing your rebalances, are you making sure all the lifting is gone?
When removing shine from the natural nail, it is better to only use a 240g - 180g is really too rough.
If using Retention then primer is not really needed.
Make sure you are pressing with the product onto the nail.
How long ago did you train with Creative, maybe a one2one with a trainer would help if you are having increasing problems.
If most of your problems occur after rebalances then maybe training specifically on rebalances would help.

Hope this has helped a little.

Jora said:
Holly

If the nails are popping off easily (sheeting) then there is something very awry with your prep as this means that the product isnt taking hold to the plate at all. This also goes to support your greenies problem (especially as you are using No Lift Primer).
I would suggst using Cuticle Remover after you have done your file prep. The reason being is that the Cuticle Remover (and water used to remove it) can run under any lifting that you may have , thereby hiding it. If you end up missing the lifting... that are will turn into a greenie, or pop off.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks for the suggestions, all seem good. Let's see what tommorow brings and I'll let you know!

Thanks
Holly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back