Advice needed on nail career and products, please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

claireyfairy

Reaction score
Hi all i am new to this site so hope this is what im supposed to be doing!
I have been stalking sg for quite some time looking for the help i need so here goes!

I learnt manicure and pedicure and gel nails some years ago but after what seemed like very quick training my gel nails were not up to scratch and i lost all confidence in nails and so basically gave up except the odd pedicure for a friend. had i known about this site then i prob wouldnt have given in so easily!!

Anyway i am now looking to get back into it as a job to fit around my children and not sure where to start really.

I purchased some nsi polish pro a while back and have had a practice on myself but only seem to last a wk however i have very peely bendy nails so not sure if this why but im not sure if i should buy a few more colours and practice on friends or whether to invest in something like gelish as it seems more recognised and has the structure gel if needed (most of my friends have horses or children so tough on their nails) what do you think?

Also do you think just offering mani pedi and gel polish is enough?

I am happy to do some training think it would help build my confidence but as i need to buy products just dont want to waste money buying the wrong things.

Im not looking to rush this just take it slowly in hope of working more once my children reach school age.

Sorry this is soooo long just all my queries finally being put out there instead of rattling around my head! lol

Thanx in advance for any help and wise words!

Last edited:
Can any 1 give me their words of wisdom pretty please! Lol or suggest where else I should post or look? Thanx again

Latest posts

Back