Advice needed, one very rude client!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charli85

Reaction score
I am now mobile after working in salons for years.
I have just cut a o.ap hair who used a piece of paper with measurements on to describe how much she wanted off her hair (first time I have ever seen this)
I went over the consultation a couple of times to be sure this is exactly what she wanted.
I cut the amount off she described.
Showed her in the mirror 3 times, she asked for more to be cut, which was fine.
Showed her again, she said she was happy.
Got a phone call today from a private number from this lady who was very rude to me, she hates her hair, I apparently did not listen to her and the back of her hair has gone 'all flyaway'!!!!!
She demanded I go back to her and re do her hair.
I of course said yes.
But now I am less inclined to go, she was extremely rude, I did what she asked and showed her multiple times and she said she was happy. It is also a 20 minute drive to her house-costing me my time and petrol.
The only problem I have is she rang from a withheld number so I cannot ring her back to cancel the new appointment.

I have never had a complaint before or had anyone so vile on the phone.

What should I do????
Advice please

I would ignore her calls and not go back , I know it sounds unprofessional but they sound like a complete nightmare !

I wouldn't just not turn up to the appointment of I'm honest.

What I would do is go to her house, from the off if she is rude explain that your not willing to be spoken to like that and you followed the measurement to a 'T' she also said that she was happy.

Then if your not happy to go ahead ( I would be secretly hoping she's vile so you can leave with good reason) then you know you have been professional xxx

A lot of times if someone has a complaint and you let them know you are willing to try to correct what they are not happy with they tend to settle down a bit. I would go back and be super nice, asking them what they needed you to do to make them happy with their cut. After you do everything they ask you to do, again :D, then when they are happy leave with a smile, don't charge them again and then make a choice whether you want to go back again if they ask for your services in the future. Sometimes after you get through a rough patch with someone then things run really smooth from there on out. If you choose not to go back after you've went and corrected it then you know you acted in a professional manner by making a good effort, good luck!

Totally agree. It's a judgement call but I've often found that the most initially difficult clients turn in to the most loyal clients if you handle them right. Good luck!

Thank u for your advice everyone.
My gut instinct is to go back as I don't have the heart to let people down but on the other side I'm coming to an age and point in my career when I am getting fed up with rudeness.
Although I have never had a complaint I do feel like I've had enough of biting my tongue and smiling through it.
I have a lot of clients who I know appreciate me but there are some who think I do their hair as my hobby or for my own enjoyment!!!!
She's booked in for next wed, will give you update
(Really don't wana go lol)

Lol. Definitely don't put up with nonsense. However, don't give up too soon either! Sounds like you have a good handle on it and are being professional. If she's a b**** after your efforts then sack her off with a clear conscience. Try not to be undermined by the mobile aspect. If she came to you in a salon, would it be easier? You are worth the same in her house, be confident! Don't be shy, but don't be a mug and above all, be super professional. But I think you get that and will be! Let us know how it goes.

Latest posts

Back