Advice Needed Please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeepPaws

Reaction score
Hello you luffly geeks!

I have been asked to do a xmas fayre 21st November. This is vital that I go as it gets me known to the new area that I will be working in.
I am starting work in a hair dressing salon on the 1st of December. A totally new environment to me!! But, I am determined to make this work. I could wait forever for another chance like this in the salon to arrive.
Anyhooooooo, I have also been asked to do another fayre on the 24th November. What I need advise on is:
What do you do? Shall I put up some designs of nails using the nail displays? I haven't got the time to do a full set on anyone as I am not that fast!! ( Roll on Gigi!!)
Shall I take my Spa Manicure products and use them on people but adapt it so it's just showing off the products and smells??

Please HELP me!!!!!!:Scared:

Would you have time to demonstrate one nail extension, or some nail art, that always gets people watching what you're doing. Defo take some products, maybe offer a mini hand massage with some nice smelling hand cream, give out any testers that you have.

OMG hun you have to do the Spa manicures....they are luuuuuurvely,i had one in france and was sold.

The therapist did an exfoliation and then put a serum on which added like a double exfoliation so i was told....she compared one hand to the other....i was amazed,and my hands are in pretty good nick...LMAO:green:

So i would do demos with that....maybe you could demo some nails on people aswell...give them a free nail and see how they get on??

Good luck with it....im just jelous because im desperate to do my conversion and still waiting for a date for the spa manicure and pedicure before 4 dec:eek:

Im sure itll go well xxjust make sure you have some promotional material aswell,im sure CND could provide this if you call them xx

Hope yours goes well...you are alrady on to a winner:hug:

I don't have any testers!!
I only use Creative. I tought I would concentrate on mini mani's and use the Creative Spa range. I suppose I could do one nail on people if they wanted. This is so scarey!! Could anyone recommend me some really good stripper pens or another idea thats speedy? I really am at a brick wall with this as I haven't done it before and this is the best place to come for idea's and help!!

OMG hun you have to do the Spa manicures....they are luuuuuurvely,i had one in france and was sold.

The therapist did an exfoliation and then put a serum on which added like a double exfoliation so i was told....she compared one hand to the other....i was amazed,and my hands are in pretty good nick...LMAO:green:

So i would do demos with that....maybe you could demo some nails on people aswell...give them a free nail and see how they get on??

Good luck with it....im just jelous because im desperate to do my conversion and still waiting for a date for the spa manicure and pedicure before 4 dec:eek:

Hope yours goes well...you are alrady on to a winner:hug:

I did think about doing the Spa Manicure and comparing one hand with the other. And the owner of the salon has send lots of people have already shown an interest in the Manicure when she has told them about me coming to the salon.

Anyone else help?

I think doing one nail on people has got to be a good idea, people love watching how it is done and it should bring you business. The smells of the Spa mani and pedi stuff are great to have around, they are irresistible.
Having some of the scensations lotions around too are a great way of attracting people HTH

I have done a couple of these events in the past, i have always set up my table with a little work station, toewl, paper roll, tools etc, then the rest of the table i have displayed products, leaflets, photos, my nail art examples. Take lots of stckers, transfers and easy nail art to do, maybe offer a quick christmas nail, see NAILTOPIA on the internet, she sells fab xmas stickers they really easy to apply. Offer mini hand massage, re-varnishes, nail art. You could maybe even do a raffle, £1 a ticket and the winner ets a luxury manicure or something?? people love that. Just remember to look smart and professional (have u got a uniform?) and take loads of business cards and special offer leaflets for people to use at the place you will be working.
Good luck

I don't have any testers!!
I only use Creative. I tought I would concentrate on mini mani's and use the Creative Spa range. I suppose I could do one nail on people if they wanted. This is so scarey!! Could anyone recommend me some really good stripper pens or another idea thats speedy? I really am at a brick wall with this as I haven't done it before and this is the best place to come for idea's and help!!

I really think doing a one nail demo on people is a great idea as they can see first hand the transformation and so can the peeps watching, they wont want to stop at one nail and you should get lots of bookings. The best stripers that I have used are the nubar ones, you get a really thin line with them and they are easy to control.

hth and good luck :hug:

Thanks for that so far everyone,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,really good, helpful stuff!!!

Latest posts

Back