Advice needed regarding nail tech courses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

julesangel

Reaction score
I know this has probably been posted before, but I am new to this site, so please forgive me. I am considering a radical career change (I am a post office manager currently) and would love to become a nail tech. I have been looking at on-line courses and have come across the Essential Nails website. I would really appreciate feedback from anyone who has done any of their courses. I am particularly interested in Gel Nails.
Many thanks

I dont know much about that course sorry as I trained with Bio Sculpture Gel. Bio Sculpture is a really good high end product to work with. CND is also very good. As for anything else I'm sorry Im not too good.. :)

Heres the links for both systems :)

Bio Sculpture Gel

Welcome - Sweet Squared

I know this has probably been posted before, but I am new to this site, so please forgive me. I am considering a radical career change (I am a post office manager currently) and would love to become a nail tech. I have been looking at on-line courses and have come across the Essential Nails website. I would really appreciate feedback from anyone who has done any of their courses. I am particularly interested in Gel Nails.
Many thanks

Hi and welcome to Salon geek!

online/correspondence courses may provide you with national certificates but most professional companies will require you to do conversion or additional training in order to purchase their products. This is based on the theory that your training provides similar skills to a correspondence driving instructor... it's a very 'hands on skill' and classroom work is truly the best way to learn it..

CND is the global leader in both product science and education - and is the only nail enhancement company globally to have been awarded beauty industry awards for their programmes.
www.sweetsquared.com for UK www.cnd.com for USA (main site)

Also you may find of interest Gel & 'acrylic' are actually virtually identical chemically they both belong to the acrylate family (type of plastics) - althought liquid & powder (what you currently know as acrylic) is a higher odour it as generally much stronger and is a lower source of irritation and allergy... world wide it represents 70% of the nail enhancement industry...

The only reason consumers prefer (or think they do) one system over the other is generally because their technician only does one or the other OR they have been fear marketed to saying one is better/healthier than the other - even though this is unfounded in fact... there are many mistruths in and around nail enhancements

good luck on your journey

Latest posts

Back